Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:12 AM
viddy
pro tooler

Send a message via AIM to viddy
Re: Recent purchases, downloads, etc.
Just a little side note. Don't take this as a rant.

The one thing I miss about posts in this music forum, is when you provide a description of an album when you're recommending it.

If you just say "I just picked up Oblivion With Bells by Underworld" and that's all you say, I have no idea what style of music, or what vibe I'm going to get with an album. If I get a little explanation of the sound of the album, I am way more likely to go and find the album if it sounds like something good to me.

Leon's first post, and TheRev's last post in this thread are prime examples of what I love.

I remember way back in the old days, about 6 years ago, Matt recommended the "Carboot Soul" album by Nightmares On Wax. Just from the album title it didn't sound like anything good to me, but the way Matt described the music, or what theme it fit (summer chill instrumental hip hop), I ended up going out and getting it. To this day it's one of my favorite albums ever.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:17 AM
Leon
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by viddy View Post

The one thing I miss about posts in this music forum, is when you provide a description of an album when you're recommending it.

If you just say "I just picked up Oblivion With Bells by Underworld" and that's all you say, I have no idea what style of music, or what vibe I'm going to get with an album. If I get a little explanation of the sound of the album, I am way more likely to go and find the album if it sounds like something good to me.

Leon's first post, and TheRev's last post in this thread are prime examples of what I love.

I remember way back in the old days, about 6 years ago, Matt recommended the "Carboot Soul" album by Nightmares On Wax. Just from the album title it didn't sound like anything good to me, but the way Matt described the music, or what theme it fit (summer chill instrumental hip hop), I ended up going out and getting it. To this day it's one of my favorite albums ever.
Thanks for the compliments

And wow, I almost forgot about Carboot Soul!!! Used to be one of my favorites! Gonna dig it out again.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:57 AM
m.g.
teh n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Thanks for the compliments

And wow, I almost forgot about Carboot Soul!!! Used to be one of my favorites! Gonna dig it out again.
Yes! Carboot Soul is great & the 1st track of the album, Les Nuits, is a monument
Old 04-12-2008, 09:41 PM
den
100% of nothing

Send a message via AIM to den Send a message via MSN to den
Quote:
Originally Posted by viddy View Post

Yes! I cannot agree this more. Back in the old days on dirty, that's how I discovered so much new music. "Random Song or Album" by "Band I Will Never Listen To" no matter how awesome you might think it is, unless you describe it or explain WHY it's so awesome, it means nothing to me. Elaborate and tell me why you think it's so good and why I should listen, and maybe I just might.