borndirty

Go Back   Dirty Forums > moments.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 06-06-2018, 04:46 PM
jetpig jetpig is offline
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 862
Default Re: Underworld Recordings

Attitude aside, a valid point on the availability of these bootlegs that we have treasured could be made here. Despite efforts by many we've yet to find a reliable way to keep our cache of shows updated and available to others. I'd like to believe a "World of Underworld Live" is coming, but the realist in me says no.

What are reliable ways with non-expiring links (or some mechanism around that) we can use? Mega and Google drive seem strong possibilities, though Geocities, Altavista, and Photobucket all have a thing to say about that.

Last edited by jetpig; 06-06-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-06-2018, 06:12 PM
iamneorev iamneorev is offline
mouseman
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 76
Default Re: Underworld Recordings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
Attitude aside, a valid point on the availability of these bootlegs that we have treasured could be made here. Despite efforts by many we've yet to find a reliable way to keep our cache of shows updated and available to others. I'd like to believe a "World of Underworld Live" is coming, but the realist in me says no.

What are reliable ways with non-expiring links (or some mechanism around that) we can use? Mega and Google drive seem strong possibilities, though Geocities, Altavista, and Photobucket all have a thing to say about that.
Mega gives you 50gbs worth of upload space for free. I don't know what Google Drive gives you. There's also Dropbox, but you don't get a lot of space with free accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-06-2018, 09:41 PM
jetpig jetpig is offline
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 862
Default Re: Underworld Recordings

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
Mega gives you 50gbs worth of upload space for free. I don't know what Google Drive gives you. There's also Dropbox, but you don't get a lot of space with free accounts.

GDrive is 15 and here's the problem, even 50gb isn't even halfway to enough for everything.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-10-2018, 02:36 PM
stimpee stimpee is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,608
Default Re: Underworld Recordings

Torrent seedbox. multiple mega accounts.
__________________
UW0764 || Professor: "Underworld have never failed to disappoint me" || Yannick changed my avatar picture.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-11-2018, 05:50 AM
proedros proedros is offline
river
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 15
Default Re: Underworld Recordings

i am seeding 5 shows atm , i hope the person who gets them stick around to help the ones coming after him

we don't need other 0.03 members with excuses , if you want to seed/help you can help/seed al the other talk is BS excuses

cheers
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-17-2018, 10:53 PM
Badger Badger is offline
pants
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 259
Default Re: Underworld Recordings

How much data is in the RTSR tracker? I have a very large dropbox account that i use for the Orbital OMT releases. Depending on how much there is, i could potentially house it there? We'd have to figure out a way of getting it to me and then uploading it all but it could be possible.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-18-2018, 10:41 PM
jetpig jetpig is offline
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 862
Default Re: Underworld Recordings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
How much data is in the RTSR tracker? I have a very large dropbox account that i use for the Orbital OMT releases. Depending on how much there is, i could potentially house it there? We'd have to figure out a way of getting it to me and then uploading it all but it could be possible.

On the tracker? Nothing, It doesn't host files. In all the torrents on it? Hundreds of gigabytes. I'd put it between 275 and 500, but I'm really grasping at straws there, could be a bit more. I haven't looked at it all in one place since before the Olympics, I think, and that broadcast alone is pretty big.

Two issues:
1) Putting things in one place under one person still gives a single point of failure.
2) I don't know that any one person has all of it anymore, so it will all need to be collected. I'd be surprised if anything was actually lost to the ages though.



The solution that seems to be the best for ensuring these shows are accessible to new downloaders without relying on one or two individuals is going to be wider availability. Opening up RTSR to all isn't a great idea, no one here wants to have to moderate that closely, but I think it could be a good idea to get these shows out onto more public torrent networks like tribal mixes and what not, tagged with RTSR info of course. The biggest problem there is that if new sources of old shows turn up we can't really replace the old ones easily, but other internet randos not getting the latest and greatest isn't something I will lose sleep over, they can come here if they want that.

cloud storage, if large enough, would be a good place to collect files in the mean time for that project, though.

Last edited by jetpig; 06-18-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-18-2018, 11:03 PM
Badger Badger is offline
pants
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 259
Default Re: Underworld Recordings

I have a 1TB dropbox so if we want to do this we could. I realize that there would have to be the collection of the shows and then figure out the best way to do it.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-19-2018, 07:01 PM
jetpig jetpig is offline
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 862
Default Re: Underworld Recordings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I have a 1TB dropbox so if we want to do this we could. I realize that there would have to be the collection of the shows and then figure out the best way to do it.

I am more than willing to help, too. I will gladly get another seedbox going once we have the collection somewhere. I think a good first step will be to write up an inventory list based off the contents of the torrents on the tracker. I am willing to take point on that, too, but I can't start for a week at least, if anyone else is up to do that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.