Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2009, 11:04 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

putting the cock in dick
jesus - confirmation that bush was the sane guy all along - thank christ he didn't get bumped off this loon would've bombed everything

torture? fine!
bomb iran? brilliant!
double-standards?
Old 08-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Re: putting the cock in dick
Andrew Sullivan from 'The Atlantic' tore Chris Wallace a new one for that interview in posting of his today.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.co...hers.html#more

Quote from Sullivan:
'When it comes to Cheney, one of the most incompetent vice-presidents in the country's history, with a record of two grotesquely botched wars, war crimes and a crippling debt, Chris Wallace sounds like a teenage girl interviewing the Jonas Brothers.'

and

'When future historians ask how the United States came not only to practice torture but to celebrate it and treat torturers as heroes, a special place in hell among the journalists who embraced and justified it should be reserved for Chris Wallace.'

-Jason

Last edited by Troy McClure; 08-31-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:06 AM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
you know john's going to be all (b'all?) over this thread title don't you.

big Dick always was the demented one lurking in the background though.

Quote:
But the Bush administration did not approve of scaring terrorists with fake executions or power drills, two tactics that came to light in a report last week by the CIA's inspector general. Cheney nevertheless downplayed those allegations and defended those accused of using such tactics.

"They looked at this question of whether or not somebody had an electric drill in an interrogation session — it was never used on the individual," Cheney said of the inspector general's report. "Or that they had brought in a weapon — never used on the individual."

"So even these cases where they went beyond the specific legal authorization, you're OK with it?" asked FOX News' Chris Wallace.
"I am," Cheney replied.
Cheney and his ilk saw themselves as above the laws of their own country - and he defends all that by saying "nothing happened in 8 years" - but ignores the future.

There's a whole lot of ill will and distrust of the US - and it'll keep. Blowback's a bitch Dick - and it won't be you and yours that get hit - but maybe a few generations down the road - it'll come back and bite ya.

Have you seen or heard of the Battle of the Boyne? 600 years later they're still hating and fighting each other about that one. It's a lovely field with a canal and all now, but the pain just keeps on giving.

- S. Colbert
Old 08-31-2009, 03:51 AM
Deckard
issue 37

He trumpets this line that nothing's happened in 8 years as if that shows his his 'enhanced interrogation policies' worked.

Perhaps I should start claiming that my anti-terror-attack t-shirt I wear around the house has worked (no terror attacks here, folks!)

No terror attacks in the US is surely more likely down to the fact that security and intelligence has been beefed up so significantly rather than some simplistic "we dunked him in a little water, and he spilled da' beans..."

Also the way this is framed around terror attacks in the states, as if the effects elsewhere are not worthy of consideration. Let's not forget, Dick, that the threat of terrorism globally has significantly increased, or that large sections of Muslim opinion around the world have turned vehemently against the US in a way that only a portion was before, or that the decisions to attack Afghanistan and Iraq have been a wake-up call to other countries on Bush-Cheney's axis of evil to ratchet up their military defence capability.

Did anyone catch McCain on CBS shortly after that Cheney interview? He kind of (sort of) rediscovered his voice:

Quote:
"I think the interrogations were in violation of the Geneva Conventions and the convention against torture that we ratified under President Reagan ... I think these interrogations, once publicized, helped al Qaeda recruit ... I think that the ability of us to work with our allies was harmed .... I believe that information, according go the FBI and others, could have been gained through other members."
And the bottom line (assuming we consider it morally acceptable in the first place, of course) - that people will say anything under torture to make the interrogation stop. This always strikes me as such a blindingly obvious fact that you have to wonder if otherwise intelligent people like Cheney are using torture first and foremost as useful propaganda to the outside world rather than as an information-gathering technique for one individual. I'm quite sure it's very much in his interest (or he believes it's in America's interest, or the interest of American elites) that everyone knows the Americans torture.

What will really make my blood boil is if a terror attack happens during Obama's time in office, and the Republicans and half the country blame it on Obama being soft about torture and weak on terror and security - as if the risk of blowback ended the minute Bush and Cheney left office. Unfortunately there are enough stupid, easily-led people around to ensure that such a belief will probably gain traction.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:18 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

a very good comment from the fox debate thread for that article:

Quote:
If your logic states that Bush did such a great job keeping us safe from attack after 911 - then by that same logic you also have to state that Obama is doing a great job since we have suffered no attack under his administration. In fact, on September 12, Obama will have officially done a better job of keeping us safe than Bush/Cheney did.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

What a Machiavellian jerk-wad. I seriously hope he goes to prison.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:17 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

The the B-crown is passed to chuck. Sorry deck, all grandiose things must come to an end.