jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Re: whoop bang boodle doodle
And he wonders why drugs are illegal.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:02 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

these forums are too fucking quiet. at least i'm saying something (even if it's nonsense).
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ

dish it ol doomed it we thee only 1(s) <

Old 06-03-2011, 03:18 AM
Deckard
issue 37

Five possible reasons for forum quietness:

1) Work-life changes. (Many who used to post on here have grown up, got families of their own, and spend their free time on other things. Others may be spending more time working hard to try to improve their situation.)

2) Social networking sites changing how people discuss things on the internet (killing forums in other words)

3) In the case of the World forum, a feeling that debates there have been done to death over the last 10 years (and a growing belief that interwebz debatez are a waste of time, perhaps?)

4) A lack of new members.

5) People got fed up of reading all those stupid/overlong/nonsensical/tedious posts written by ??????? (insert forum member name of choice )
Old 06-03-2011, 03:46 AM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

all of those depress me. facebook is personal— forums have a degree of anonymity that gets people to divulge their true feelings. but at the same time they are personal— i met my best friend on the moby forums in 2003.

you know, as much as i disagree with human151, at least he got people stirred up enough to really pour their hearts out into a good debate. i'm going to play devil's advocate and do so myself.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:23 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Go ahead. I hope we dont tear you to pieces and force you to leave because you realise that everything you know is wrong.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Caprice
pants

All these reasons are perfectly valid for forum quietness.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:55 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Five possible reasons for forum quietness:

1) Work-life changes. (Many who used to post on here have grown up, got families of their own, and spend their free time on other things. Others may be spending more time working hard to try to improve their situation.)

2) Social networking sites changing how people discuss things on the internet (killing forums in other words)

3) In the case of the World forum, a feeling that debates there have been done to death over the last 10 years (and a growing belief that interwebz debatez are a waste of time, perhaps?)

4) A lack of new members.

5) People got fed up of reading all those stupid/overlong/nonsensical/tedious posts written by ??????? (insert forum member name of choice )

In regards to #2: I don't hear much political discussion, I mean I do, but it's not as frequent or as heated as this place would get. It's kinda like a lot of people are either in (1)denial or (2)shock about the current state of things(everything in other words).

I pretty much have stopped reading the "post note" things at news sites. ALTHOUGH, I did notice a strange, yet not surprising, uptick of responses to drug/pharmacutical(sp) stories. I mean, normal responses run about 300 tops on stories. Every ariticle related drugs, whether legal or illegal, normally surpassed 500-600 posts.

In regards to #3: Ya don't say? But I'm a postive thinker type sh.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Caprice
pants

I suspect the average age of the members is about 30 if not older. People in that age range have much better things to do than to post on a forum. This statement reminds me of the Little Prince oddly enough.