nelfun5
dog

Send a message via MSN to nelfun5
Re: 6/23 tease
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastone View Post
"Please tell me the RFH is not seating only."

It is
An Underworld seated concert? Worst nightmare I can imagine.

Let me get it straight: Dubnobasswithmyheadman is my favorite electronic music album. I would go to space to enjoy a full performed show of it and I didn't even dare to hope UW would make that happen one day. That said, I probably won't attend the RFH concert if it is seating only.

I have seen them performing live four times and these concerts always provided me fantastic feelings, both mentally and physically. My first UW gig in Riga (2006) was an exctatic experience I will never forget.
Not being able to dance on their act would be a real torture as their music live is for me all about dancing: enjoying the music with every part of your flesh.

I understand that this one show is more a kind of anniversary ceremony than a festival gig but I can't help but think that making it seating only is doing the wrong tribute to one of the most acclaimed Techno music albums of all time.

Karl, Rick, don't you ?

Last edited by nelfun5; 06-24-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:04 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Re: Dubnobasswithmyheadman: 20th Anniversary 5-CD Deluxe Boxset
5 cd set ordered blu ray will be soon and MAYBE even the vinyl. Now to see if it's economically feasible to get the two of us to London...
Old 06-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Spooky Shoes
Sole Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingInABook View Post
. because if it is limited, i'm screwed
Not necessarily, I've seen a few of the Barking boxes in record shops, don't think that I would have any bother getting another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary man View Post
Please tell me the RFH is not seating only.
Fairly sure it is. Could make filming a bit easier, if that were to happen.

5 CD ordered, am debating Vinyl/Bluray atm.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:43 PM
testudo
JunkiesCriminalsFugitives

Location: The international territory and the mighty infamous
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelfun5 View Post
Since it's the original version they will play, Darren Emerson might be there as well or am I completely raving mad?
I thought the same thing... especially since Darren is all over the promotional photos in the email for thsi, etc...
Old 06-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Andrea
light at heart

Oh, great news! Now I can at least dream of seeing him dance live in the near future.
How many membership fees are needed to get to the first row ´you think? Is it even possible?

Generous track listing but I miss the Born Slippy Jam.
Why is it so hard to add that to the CD5? Or will it have its own anniversary?
Old 06-24-2014, 01:33 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Hi everyone!

This is fantastic news! I am trying to figure out if I should get the 5CD set but the art on the box alone is probably going to sell it for me.

I am definitely ordering the vinyl however. That is the one album I do not have on vinyl and I have never really wanted to dish out the 60e that a lot of traders are asking for. I also like the idea that I purchased it at a time I was actively following the band rather than a retrospectively... I was barely 6 when the album came out originally.

It is great to have so much activity recently with Karl doing so much with Eno and now this.

I think a trip to London may be on the books....
Old 06-24-2014, 01:33 PM
scary man
Sci-Fi Jesus

Re: 6/23 tease
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelfun5 View Post
An Underworld seated concert? Worst nightmare I can imagine.

Let me get it straight: Dubnobasswithmyheadman is my favorite electronic music album. I would go to space to enjoy a full performed show of it and I didn't even dare to hope UW would make that happen one day. That said, I probably won't attend the RFH concert if it is seating only.

I have seen them performing live four times and these concerts always provided me fantastic feelings, both mentally and physically. My first UW gig in Riga (2006) was an exctatic experience I will never forget.
Not being able to dance on their act would be a real torture as their music live is for me all about dancing: enjoying the music with every part of your flesh.

I understand that this one show is more a kind of anniversary ceremony than a festival gig but I can't help but think that making it seating only is doing the wrong tribute to one of the most acclaimed Techno music albums of all time.

Karl, Rick, don't you ?
Fuck it.

I'm going.

I'm dancing!
Old 06-24-2014, 01:36 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingInABook View Post
sorry guys, i'm about to bring a bit of a happysad story:

i just recieved my canadian visa, so i need to save money. me, being the hysterical underworld fan i am, i honestly LUST for that boxset, so i'm willing to sacrifice the $150+ needed to pay for the records and for the shipping.

the problem is that i might not be able to listen to the whole thing, since all my records and players will end in storage until i can ship them from chile to canada. and that means a year and even more to settle down there. a boxset that big will take more than 2 months to land here (chilean post is the worst ever) and i might leave during january.

i'm in a bit of a disyuntive here, you see: i can order the boxset, even if it's a bit of a waste of money, because i need it for my travel things. but the thought is i might not be able to enjoy it until my things arrive from home. i would love to know if the boxset is a limited edition. because if it is limited, i'm screwed
I wonder if it is possible for you to have the box set delivered to someone on here who lives in Canada or the states? Then you could have them send it to your new address in Canada?

Also congrats on the Canada visa!
Old 06-24-2014, 02:43 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

FYI, I received clarification that the Blu-ray is high-res stereo. No multi-channel mix.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:58 PM
testudo
JunkiesCriminalsFugitives

Location: The international territory and the mighty infamous
Wish they just released a SUPER set that included Blu-ray, Vinyl and 5CD

I just ended up ordering all of these ala carte.