Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:45 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: New UW song tomorrow: High Contrast ft Tiësto & Underworld - The First Note Is Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Please remember that this is High Contrast featuring Tiesto/Underworld. Not the other way round. The main songwriter here is High Contrast.It sounds like the beats are High Contrast, some of the melody Tiesto and the vocals from Karl. It is what it is. If you like this sort of thing then good for you. Its )
Good call. If this were truly the new UW single, i'd be a little (ok, a lot) scared. When Scribble was released last May, i was just happy to have something upbeat and new(ish) and out of nowhere. During the days when we thought David Lynch's "Good Day Today" could have been UW, that was scary.

Though i've grown to love it all, maybe 30% of UW songs take me quite a bit of time to get into. Such is change, such is new.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:11 AM
DwarfeD

Re: New UW song tomorrow: High Contrast ft Tiësto & Underworld - The First Note Is Si
Don't like this at all. I really can't stand that autotune sound. The times that I loved everything UW were putting out (some tracks took some time, but still..) are gone.

What's next? David Guetta ft. Underworld & Rihanna?

uw0769
Old 09-24-2011, 01:02 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

I liked how UW were different than most of the electronic crap that was out there. I'm not digging the fact that UW are teaming up with producers like this. It sounds ridiculous and cheesey. Or maybe I'm just getting old. When I read about this song being played on Radio1, my initial reaction was, "eh, so what." There was a day when I would have planned my night/day around hearing the first drop.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Sappys Curry
mouseman

As someone pointed out, this is HC feat. Tiesto and UW, not UW feat. them. And UW probably did little else than contribute vocals (maybe the lyrics, too).

I just hope for their next album, they go back to their own kind of music. I don't want them to collaborate with very poppy artist for their next album. They did it on Barking and I like Barking just fine, but I like UWs music to be their very own music. That is when I like their music the best. Karl, Rick, and perhaps a DJ, like Darren Price. Karl and Rick are brilliant. I'd prefer that their brilliance just be left to work its magic on its own, save for some extra talent from talented DJs like Darren Emerson and Darren Price.

I think that they are enjoying working with these artists, though. Underworld are legends of the genre, and they probably figure some of these artists they worked with on Barking were thrilled to be able to collaborate with UW on Barking. It is like, Karl and Rick were pleased to bring that joy to those people. This new track; UW and HC probably really liked working together, and Scribble is one of the big hits off the album Barking, so perhaps HC wanted to work with UW on another track, and so eventually this song came about.

Last edited by Sappys Curry; 09-24-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:53 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarfeD View Post
Don't like this at all. I really can't stand that autotune sound. The times that I loved everything UW were putting out (some tracks took some time, but still..) are gone.

Und-brella?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:03 AM
DwarfeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite View Post
Und-brella?
Made me laugh

Other option: "Only Pearl's Girl (In The World)"

uw0769
Old 09-26-2011, 02:16 PM
testudo
JunkiesCriminalsFugitives

Location: The international territory and the mighty infamous
I think there next album should have them collaborating with Prince... and that's... maybe just a whole cover album of Prince songs... I'd take also take an Underworld cover album of Kraftwerk songs as well. I wonder what song's they'd choose.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:24 PM
SappysCurry
can you feel this bass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarfeD View Post

I just threw up in my mouth.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Andrea
light at heart

The song is not the U/W song that I´m going to listen to over and over again but is it really so bad if a real musician want to test other things?
...apropos of ordinary day

Last edited by Andrea; 09-27-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:42 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
The song is not the U/W song that I´m going to listen to over and over again but is it really so bad if a real musician want to test other things?
...apropos of ordinary day
not its not so bad to try different things: ala Barking. The crux of this debate has always been that UW aren't like those other bands, and thats why this message board exists: like-minded listeners. When they collaborate with those other bands that many of us thing sound awful, you get this reaction.

Yeah this wasn't an UW song, and I'm glad. Just hoping out loud that this isn't the direction.