Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:57 AM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Send a message via AIM to GreenPea
Re: Justice - â€*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangelet
indie kids are going to drink until they're stupid just because you said that.
A lot of them are already stupid but they are trying to hard to be cool as to associate them with a proud drunk idiot that just wants to have a good time listening to music or w/e
Old 06-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Strangelet
rico suave

you know what I absolutely love? the field's from here we go to sublime.

(just thought I'd say something positive)

- Mark Twain

Old 06-22-2007, 11:58 AM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub
if you can't say anything nice...
Nothing here was even that mean by your standards really...everyone bashes indie kids.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:10 PM
adam
blue

Can you guys explain something to me? I mean this sincerely, I'm not trying to be facetious or anything.

It seems to me that people hate indie scenesters because they're, well, scenestery. Right? And snobbish. And we don't like people who are scenestery and snobbish.

But isn't ranting about people who like minimal house and the similarities of what they like to big beat kind of scenstery and snobbish? I mean, really, isn't snorting about big beat being dance music for jocks and stuff exactly embody what we dislike about indie kids.

Or am I missing whyfor the indie kid hating?

or is it really about the pants?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:26 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

What specifics fall into the category of "indie kids"?

Photos? When I searched - pictures from Ronnie James Dio(met him, twice!) to Dawson's Creek characters.

Does not every underage drinker drink 'til they're stupid? I would only hope they do this in groups and look out for one another.

Last edited by jOHN rODRIGUEZ; 06-22-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:44 PM
kid cue
ryooong

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam
Can you guys explain something to me? I mean this sincerely, I'm not trying to be facetious or anything.

It seems to me that people hate indie scenesters because they're, well, scenestery. Right? And snobbish. And we don't like people who are scenestery and snobbish.

But isn't ranting about people who like minimal house and the similarities of what they like to big beat kind of scenstery and snobbish? I mean, really, isn't snorting about big beat being dance music for jocks and stuff exactly embody what we dislike about indie kids.

Or am I missing whyfor the indie kid hating?

or is it really about the pants?
thank you!! i was totally about to write something about this (not as well as you did). at least indie kids don't bitch and moan when other kids like an indie band. can we get any more high school?

the drainpipe jeans do need to go however.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:03 PM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

I am just taking the piss really. I don't give a shit. I just get a kick out of bashing anything that is currently hip or cool. That being said though, except for a coupple of exceptions (LCD Soundsystem and Out Hud come to mind) I really don't like the like the whole dance-punk thing and it made lose a lot of interest on the indie rock scene overall. I haven't liked that trend ever since The Rapture and I have steered clear of Justice just by what I read about them I associate them with that stuff. I definetely like the 90s indie rock better. Oh well.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
kid cue
ryooong

there's nothing cooler nowadays than bashing the cool kids. all of music for the past 5 years has been this game about second-guessing who's into what and why. everyone's hyper-aware of scenes and the loaded meanings behind liking anything, it's not possible anymore to like something "just because." everyone's paranoid about being or not being a hipster. you know what they say, the real hipsters will never admit to being one, but really, that's prety much everyone who's in touch with anything. bashing indie kids is just another way we all try to out-cool each other.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:16 PM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid cue
you know what they say, the real hipsters will never admit to being one, but really, that's prety much everyone who's in touch with anything. bashing indie kids is just another way we all try to out-cool each other.
Nah, it is mostly me being lazy at work and trolling for no good reason.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:25 PM
kid cue
ryooong

shut up Green Pea, you're the biggest hipster i've ever met in my life !