Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 06:15 AM
purlieu
enofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion
I just never seem to be able to finish the Abbey Road version. I much prefer the second version, where the song appears to play out - then builds back up off of that phone bit
Argh, I hate that version, largely because of the guitar solo bit - firstly it sounds like the climax of the song so confuses me that it's in the middle (and makes the ending a bit... dead), and also the way it comes in just before the fade out is really, really badly cut. I did better cuts in Music Tech A Level.

The Divinity single on Amazon is probably just the promo one, although it's down as being on Caroline on one other site - chances are it was penned for release and then never put out. You could try buying it but I considerably doubt it'll ever be shipped as as far as I - and the band - know, it doesn't exist.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:01 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: New FSOL/Amorphous Androgynous album
hmm....

well it has been a long time since I've listened to either tracks closely, but I'll but them on again later today...

and yea - I am thinking that's just a cock-up by Amazon. Sometimes releases that were originally going to be released on date "x" but never show, aren't always removed from the site

Best example was UW's "Twist" single (no no no - it never came out, not even promo's)
Old 09-26-2005, 07:20 AM
purlieu
enofa

Bought it today. It's been put out as another "FSOL present Amorphous Androgynous" release, so will be in the FSOL section of yr record store. Artwork's nice but very, very unFSOL.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:21 PM
monkeygra
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion
I also was lucky enough to get one of the 2,500 copies of it... strangely enough in a Borders Book & Music Store.
hey, dude, me too. Borders all the way.

i didn't even know there was a "more official" version of The Isness until about a year after i bought it. unfortunately for the situation, i also think the rare "Abbey Road" version is significantly better than the final version. it's one of my favorite albums. it seems to have a better sense of whole than the rest of The Future Sound of London's albums (yes, i know it's technically Amorphous Androgynous), rather than a collection of songs. that's also why i usually prefer FSOL's extended singles to their albums, but that's just me.

unfortunately, i haven't been able to get as much into Alice in Ultraland.

EDIT: i take that back, i've been listening to it again now, and it really clicked for me this time. Awesome Album, Great Job!

by the way, i know the last post on this topic was over a year and a half ago.

Last edited by monkeygra; 04-18-2007 at 09:10 PM.