Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:56 AM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Send a message via AIM to GreenPea
Werner Herzog
I recently bought the set of movies of Herzorg/Kinski collaborations, and I just realized that Herzog is my favorite director of all time. The guy is just completely attuned to my philosophy and world view, every single one of his movies speaks directly to my mind and soul. I just cannot find any fault with his work.

So I just wanted to share that with you all as if I told my friends, coworkers, family they would not give a shit...
Old 10-10-2007, 02:08 PM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Re: Werner Herzog
Quote:
"My core belief is that life and nature are not in harmony, but thrive in chaos", Herzog explained. He was hilariously contemptuous about New Age spiritual philosophy that posits a divine order and benevolence in the universe. "New Age thinking makes me want to jump off a bridge", Herzog offered.
Quote:
Civilization is like a thin layer of ice upon a deep ocean of chaos and darkness.
Quote:
I love nature but against my better judgement.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:42 PM
koisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPea
I recently bought the set of movies of Herzorg/Kinski collaborations, and I just realized that Herzog is my favorite director of all time. The guy is just completely attuned to my philosophy and world view, every single one of his movies speaks directly to my mind and soul. I just cannot find any fault with his work.

So I just wanted to share that with you all as if I told my friends, coworkers, family they would not give a shit...
so for a n00b like me is there a film you recommend?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:49 PM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Quote:
Originally Posted by koisk
so for a n00b like me is there a film you recommend?
Probably Aguirre, Or the Wrath of God is a good starting point, but I just got my DVD set so I have 3 more movies to watch.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:39 PM
m.g.
teh n00b

Aguirre, Wrath of God (which is probably one of the best movie ever), Fitzcarraldo or Woyzeck are definitely a good start.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:46 PM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
I'll throw in another vote for Aguirre although one of his latest (Rescue Dawn) is VERY accessible although his doc that its based on (Little Dieter Needs to Fly) has more Herzogian flavor I think.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:54 PM
GforGroove
marca libre

mm for me the most accesible is Grizzly Man. I don't think any Herzog before Fitzcarraldo was accesible. is hard but it's awsome. For movies i would start with Fitzcarraldo or Woyzeck though. For documentaries -although is not accesible- The Wild Blue Yonder, my favorite Herzog film. Little Dieter needs to fly is great too. and well Grizzly Man f course.

Rescue Dawn is great but is not completely Herzog.

You can try My best friend, the doc of Kinsky. that is mad!.

we do love Herzog chicharin. Up there with my favorite directors definetely!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:32 PM
grady
fac321

I always found Fitzcarraldo to be a good starting point followed very closely by Aguirre.

After seeing a few of the kinski film's it best to see the documentary My Best Fiend.

You gotta love a guy who gets shot and responds very quietly later, "It was not a significant bullet. I am not afraid."

For context head over here.

Last edited by grady; 10-10-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:42 AM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady
I always found Fitzcarraldo to be a good starting point followed very closely by Aguirre.

After seeing a few of the kinski film's it best to see the documentary My Best Fiend.

You gotta love a guy who gets shot and responds very quietly later, "It was not a significant bullet. I am not afraid."

For context head over here.
There is a Henry Rollins interview in wich he talks about it here:

And here is the interview itself:

And for fucks sake, are there a bunch of sub-humans posting comments on YouTube or what???

Last edited by GreenPea; 10-11-2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:58 PM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

I just found out about this as well:
http://thewernerhrzogarchive.blogspo...published.html