Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > technique.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Re: Euro 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
who did the double over england in qualifying on their way to comfortably topping the group and who under slaven bilic have won 17 of their last 24 matches and only lost 2. hmmm...

(ps lets see how well england do against them in the world cup qualification matches...)
ok, i am not talking about us- we were woeful under mclaren, doing the double over england was not so difficult.

When it comes to the big tournaments it finds out the men from the boys and when the shit hit the fan croatia were not up to the task - end of! What you do in your previous 24 matches counts for nothing (except qualifying for the finals - which you wouldn't know much about)
Old 06-25-2008, 10:52 AM
jole
aceontheriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog View Post
ok, i am not talking about us- we were woeful under mclaren, doing the double over england was not so difficult.

When it comes to the big tournaments it finds out the men from the boys and when the shit hit the fan croatia were not up to the task - end of! What you do in your previous 24 matches counts for nothing (except qualifying for the finals - which you wouldn't know much about)
Wow, as much as i enjoy reading an english man blabin about football i gotta notice that u re absolutely wrong, except for 1 thing, it really wasnt difficult to beat england, twice.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:16 AM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jole View Post
Wow, as much as i enjoy reading an english man blabin about football i gotta notice that u re absolutely wrong, except for 1 thing, it really wasnt difficult to beat england, twice.
so why aren't you still in the competition if i'm so wrong?
Croatia FC are a well organised and physically fit team but they lack the flair and creativity needed to be euro champions.............
take last nights game for example -
Germany last night were so poor but 2/3 of their goals were well made and taken by players with flair. (i still can't believe that they are in the final, they have only played one decent game all competition.). Croatia however struggled against the same tactics as they just lacked the flair to break down a defensively minded team like turkey. I rest my case.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:57 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

gotta agree with Rog, except, we (England), had we'd got there probably would not have got out of the group stages.

England have individually good players, but England FC have no Flair, Passion or chance of winning any tournament ever again (even if we get the 2018 world cup)

England will always be ranked around 8-12th in the world - which by any reckonning is 6/7th best in the Euro Champs (i.e. the quarter finals) and 8/9th best (at best) in the World Cups (again the quarter finals), some teams do better, and some do worse, (like England in failing to make the best 16 in Europe, despite currently ranking the 9th best team in the World)

If we ever reach the semi finals we are over achieving our ability

Germany, despite everything are in the top 4 teams in Europe in fact are ranked third and so rightly reaching the final are there or there abouts... based upon the top ten, Spain should join them

here's the fifa top ten - and in two years time at the world cup based upon this, England reaching the Quarter finals are over achieving - and Argentina are gonna win the Final with Brazil runners up -

and usually the rankings are pretty reliable... its the same teams doing well most of the time

when was the last time England got beyond a 1/4 final?

1 Argentina 2 Brazil 3 Italy 4 Spain 5 Germany 6 Czech Republic 7 France 8 Greece 9 England 10 Netherlands

anyway - Turkey were robbed, but Germany had the skills and determination to win through despite playing shit- lets hope Spain (or Russia) dick them
Old 06-26-2008, 04:24 AM
Camiel
Audio in Distress

Why is England in place 9 (before us)? And don't let me start about us in these EC. Group stage was alright with unbelievable results, one step further was one step too far. Patriotism is one thing, but you have to admit that Croatia just like Holland aren't that good. Otherwise, we would have been in these finals.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:55 AM
Rog
the fuckest upest

czech republic and greece should NOT be in that list................
Old 06-26-2008, 05:06 AM
jole
aceontheriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog View Post
so why aren't you still in the competition if i'm so wrong?
Croatia FC are a well organised and physically fit team but they lack the flair and creativity needed to be euro champions.............
take last nights game for example -
Germany last night were so poor but 2/3 of their goals were well made and taken by players with flair. (i still can't believe that they are in the final, they have only played one decent game all competition.). Croatia however struggled against the same tactics as they just lacked the flair to break down a defensively minded team like turkey. I rest my case.
Fck this is the 3rd time i m writing this since for some reason its not comin out.
I dont get how u can say that Croatia or teams like us that have come to quarter finals without loosing a game, we didnt even lost in quarters, lack flair and creativity to win the tittle?
Using that logic only the Euro winner has both and that is simply not true.
We all know that after group stages u only got 1 chance or u re out so the main factor becomes luck, thats why often worse team passes through like the case was yesterday or like the case was when Turkey beat Croatia.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:17 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Fck this is the 3rd time i m writing this since for some reason its not comin out.
I dont get how u can say that Croatia or teams like us that have come to quarter finals without loosing a game, we didnt even lost in quarters, lack flair and creativity to win the tittle?
Using that logic only the Euro winner has both and that is simply not true.
We all know that after group stages u only got 1 chance or u re out so the main factor becomes luck, thats why often worse team passes through like the case was yesterday or like the case was when Turkey beat Croatia.

well the worst team on the day did go through yesterday, but only because on the day, Germany - technically a better team, and ranked better didn't play to their ranking level... turkey were lucky and had they got to teh final they would have done so against the odds and ranking - they will rank higher when the world rankings get done next time....

sometimes the worse playing team wins through - and usually the worse team is with the lower ranking, but in yesterday's case Turkey lost - it doesn't seem fair, but thats football... and Germany have the winning mentality and WILL to win - Turkey showed that in two previous games, but their luck and determination ran out - thats why teams like Germany win and teams like England end up losing all the time....
Old 06-26-2008, 11:26 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
This is where you lose me. Luck? Come on. Soccer/Football is about playing your style and taking advantage of your opponents style. Turkey matched up well with Croatia, but its not luck. Turkey played exceptionally well against Germany but none of those goals were lucky. Croatia is NOT a dynamic team. From what I've seen they have a straight forward approach to the game and a more dynamic team will review them and break it down. Both teams deserved to win last night, and luck had nothing to do with it. Luck would have been a ricochet ball that struck the ref and ended up in the net, not 5 pretty well scored goals.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Winston
is playing his didgeridoo

Send a message via ICQ to Winston Send a message via MSN to Winston
eviva espana!

germany - spain, tough one...