Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 10-22-2005, 01:23 AM
goldfish
art bandit

Re: It's all back Pete Tong (new Underworld - Electronic Part One))
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno_Bunny
it's like telling a painter to use different colours/use more/less paint/other brushes/no brushes at all etc etc etc; who do you think you are telling UW how to make their music?
If it was any good, noone would've even mentioned the vocoder.

And on what planet does anyone here think that Pete Tong would've played the shit bit of a 20 minute track?

Compare the impact of this (and no, I'm not saying I want them to remake BF, Dubnno or STITI) with the way you felt the first time you heard Tongy play KoS, Cowgirl or Pearl's Girl. Even Pete sounded disinterested.

Simon
Old 10-22-2005, 02:29 AM
jose m
pants

how the fuck can anything from a band that you have followed for years have the same impact as the first time you heard them?get a grip,i'm sure our lives have all moved on somewhat from those times and nothing will ever recapture those moments or our youth.
goldfish seems to want to recreate the buzz he felt years ago but i think that he's asking too much.some people want to be blown away by everything any artist does and but in the history of artistic endever when has that every happened?please tell me?
with underworld most of us have decided by now that we like them and what they do,we don't think things are black and white,100 days of is shit,second toughtest is the bench mark etc etc we are following what they do as artists over a period if time and are happy to go on the journey with them.
instead of bleeting about how this isn't up to standard just listen to the albums you like,we all do it,have bits and pieces of an artists career that we love and other parts that didn't do it for us.some people love "lets dance" "tin machine" etc and hate "low" "heroes",its just horses for courses.
regarding the new track i think i would wait until i hear it on my head phones or a decent stereo before judging the sonics.
suppose i should listen to it now !
Old 10-22-2005, 02:47 AM
jose m
pants

its gonna sound massive,this isn't a radio track,can't wait to blast it out and feel the bass.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:48 AM
Leon
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose m
how the fuck can anything from a band that you have followed for years have the same impact as the first time you heard them?get a grip,i'm sure our lives have all moved on somewhat from those times and nothing will ever recapture those moments or our youth.
goldfish seems to want to recreate the buzz he felt years ago but i think that he's asking too much.some people want to be blown away by everything any artist does and but in the history of artistic endever when has that every happened?please tell me?
with underworld most of us have decided by now that we like them and what they do,we don't think things are black and white,100 days of is shit,second toughtest is the bench mark etc etc we are following what they do as artists over a period if time and are happy to go on the journey with them.
instead of bleeting about how this isn't up to standard just listen to the albums you like,we all do it,have bits and pieces of an artists career that we love and other parts that didn't do it for us.some people love "lets dance" "tin machine" etc and hate "low" "heroes",its just horses for courses.
regarding the new track i think i would wait until i hear it on my head phones or a decent stereo before judging the sonics.
suppose i should listen to it now !
Goldfish isn't expecting too much, he just thinks that Underworld can do better.
And to be honest, you could hear Karl's REAL voice pretty good in Bang The Poll and it really rocks, it made it really bad-ass.
The song is pretty good, but the vocoder sound kinda ruins it for me. Well I SOMETIMES had the feeling it actually sounded ok, but mostly I did not like it very much. But that's just my opinion.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:05 AM
goldfish
art bandit

Quote:
we are following what they do as artists over a period if time and are happy to go on the journey with them.
Bollocks. I like the music, not the band. If the music's great, that's cool, the other stuff that goes with is all well and good, but if the music's shit where's the value of the journey?

If I've liked a band's output in the past, I'll always give their new releases a chance, but if their releases have no merit, what's the point? You don't owe them anything, particularly if they're giving nothing back. Until BornSlippy.NUXX08 of course.

Simon
Old 10-22-2005, 03:29 AM
jose m
pants

yeah what is the point?over the years you've made it clear that you don't think the material is upto standard but and you keep on like the misery in the corner of a club talking about how it was loads better in the old days.
why bother?
Old 10-22-2005, 03:32 AM
goldfish
art bandit

Quote:
why bother?
Eternal optimist.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:34 AM
jose m
pants

nice one,not enough of those around.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:57 AM
the mongoose
talks to God

Sometimes.....just sometimes...the vocoder thing works (usually on the parts where you can hear the real Karl as well....on the first listen I didn't even hear the other voice. More going on in the background of this track, lots of little touches you don't hear the first time around too (sounds A LOT like Ancient Fat Farm Coat near the end....maybe Farm Coat is a part of the 20 minutes too..hmmm.) If this track is released as is...I would REALLY suggest turning up the "real voice track" up quite a bit in the mastering phase.

Besides, Daft Punk already proved that Robots suck ass at singing.....
Old 10-22-2005, 03:57 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

First impression:
Hmmm, I must say the remix (if that's what it was) we heard earlier was waaay better than this. (that would be a first)
I have nothing against vocoders. UW have done some of the best vocoder tracks ever, but this just sounds uninspired at best.

Last edited by King of Snake; 10-22-2005 at 04:09 AM.