Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 07-15-2020, 01:48 PM
twicezero
mouseman

Re: RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience and DRIFT Series 1 Complete
I think by additional releases its the zip of all the archive materials that were shared as part of the Drift cycle but were not part of Drift, if that makes sense
Old 07-15-2020, 07:57 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post
"Additional Releases." what additional releases? are there more coming?
The additional material was all the stuff they released in between Drift episodes. Usually there was like 3 weeks in between episodes. So each Thursday during the break, they would drop something from their archives. Sometimes it was a studio jam or unreleased track or a rehearsal or live excerpt or DJ mix. They included it all in 24 bit WAV. I'm guessing they'll do the same when Drift 2 happens.

Last edited by iamneorev; 07-15-2020 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:52 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

@potatobroth: https://soundcloud.com/angrish/live-...ds-20-oct-2017
Higher quality and video are on the tracker too. A truly excellent set. It really feels like a 2002-2009 era set with 2017's back catalog.

The screen was doing much more in 2010 when they first got it. They were basically doing all the music videos on it for 2010-2012.

Adding to live surprises, they unveiled a new track and fully released it all in sync with a live stream and broadcast with TeatimeDub. You can't do something like that if everything is off the cuff. The last few years they've done a pretty good job of rotating out some archive gems, too. I never imagined they'd dust something like Why, Why, Why off for the stage again, and we got a new Dirty rework some 15 years on.

I really think WhiteNoise nailed it. I can see how getting that mix just how you want it and touring it for everyone to see could seem attractive to the band. It's also worth noting that the one really special leftfield set (ADE) in recent memory was live streamed for everyone to see, and the other one (Rick's prejam) was just released for us. Unique concerts are really cool, and when everything goes great it's hard to beat, but I can imagine it being equally frustrating when the mixes just don't come together. The catch to all that is that youtube clips become show spoilers, and for many here that was the only way to keep up with what they were doing for a long time.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:56 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
@potatobroth: https://soundcloud.com/angrish/live-...ds-20-oct-2017
Higher quality and video are on the tracker too. A truly excellent set. It really feels like a 2002-2009 era set with 2017's back catalog.
oh oh. didnt realize this was the museum gig.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:41 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

really glad to see this show up here- not sure how i missed this gig but this is MASSIVE.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:39 PM
domsgotsideburns
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
One more thing, the correct name of the track is "Seven Music Drone" not "Seven Drone Music". It's been corrected on "Drift Series 1 Complete" on Bandcamp already. Not sure if the correction will make it to the other digital platforms or not.
on the mention of correcting track metadata, there are still some errors on the Bandcamp and primary streaming services.
for 'Drift Series 1 - Complete', 'Brilliant Yes That Would Be' is credited to the artist 'Underworld - Brilliant Yes That Would Be'
and 'Border Country' is titled as 'Border County'

additionally, for 'Drift Series 1' on other streaming platforms, the tracks 'Appleshine', 'Toluca Stars' and 'Tree And Two Chairs' still contain 'Film Edit' in the title. plus the Spotify canvas art for 'Give Me The Room' does not show up on mobile, but for every other album track, their respective canvases appear.

also on song titles, is it 'Appleshine (All of the Lights) or 'Appleshine (All the Lights)'? the box set and Bandcamp lyrics seem to suggest it's the latter, but its title on streaming services includes the 'of' which isn't in the lyrics...

those are just a few things i've noticed whilst listening digitally.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:45 AM
Nico4
river

Anyone here ever had issues with redeeming codes at Sound of Vinyl? I seem to have nothing but trouble with them all the time
Old 07-22-2020, 09:29 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico4 View Post
Anyone here ever had issues with redeeming codes at Sound of Vinyl? I seem to have nothing but trouble with them all the time
Yup! For whatever reason - my UW and Bryan Ferry downloads have worked fine... but then, on the other hand I was never able to redeem my downloads for the Chemical Brothers or Brian Eno

...which... just seems... odd.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:44 AM
Nico4
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
Yup! For whatever reason - my UW and Bryan Ferry downloads have worked fine... but then, on the other hand I was never able to redeem my downloads for the Chemical Brothers or Brian Eno

...which... just seems... odd.
For me, it's always had issue recognizing my hotmail account, no matter the browser, and customer support doesn't quite seem to understand that either.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:37 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico4 View Post
Mine works but it’s only the extras and the new addition. Not the whole
Drift album