Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > static.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2008, 03:09 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Introduce Yourselves
Well, this thread seems to have disappeared in the Great Server Migration of 2008 so I thought I would start another one.

My name is Janie, I am a dinosaur (according to certain Dutch members of Dirty ) and I have been spending far too much time hanging round here since about Christmas 2003.

The first Underworld choon I heard was Cowgirl, which was on a mix-tape my sister made for me. I first saw Underworld in 95 or 96 - can't remember the year but it was at a festival in Brighton, then life seemed to get in the way of enjoying myself for a few years, and I didn't see them again until nearly 10 years later in Amsterdam. I have tried to get to as many gigs as possible since then, before the arthritis sets in.

My favourite track is Biro the Leggy, renamed as Beautiful Burnout for Oblivion with Bells, closely followed by Pearls Girl.

My best Underworld Live Moment was at Cocoon in 2006, when I had climbed up onto the step in front of the stage just at the point when the guys struck up PG - and I was in heaven.

My best UW Private Moment was meeting Karl and Pricey in the lobby of a hotel in Tilburg in November 05 and bending his ear for about 10 minutes or so. He is such a patient man, cos I can talk for England

I love this place. And I love the people that post here.