Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > bound.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:22 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Anyone using LibraryThing?
Seems to be the discogs.com of the bookworld. Very useful. I signed up, and its free to use for the first 200 books in your collection, lifetime membership is cheap too. And theres some local bookshop searching iphone-app.

www.librarything.com
Old 03-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Eikman
a life less extraordinary

Re: Anyone using LibraryThing?
no, but i'm using goodreads, which is essentially the same thing, except that it is entirely free.

www.goodreads.com

Old 03-17-2010, 08:56 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Well spotted. didnt find that yet. And good reads has 82m books registered vs library things 50m. i like the way you can enter a book and then choose the year and publisher, view your list by covers and create wishlists and read reviews of books and they have book giveaways too. As ive just started though, i'll check out goodreads and maybe switch if its better. Either way, im looking for a mobile online way to view my library, share recommendations etc.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:05 AM
stimpee
Administrator

I've tried Good Reads but it just doesnt have the same slick interface, and the book covers and editions are all wrong.

I think i'll stick with Library Thing... the export from LT to GR didnt do all the books either and discarded what it thought were duplicates... and the covers...