Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 07-20-2019, 03:49 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: ATL080328 - 23 minute Born Slippy (Original)/Pearls Girl/Beautiful Burnout live j
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Didn’t Rick tell you directly that there was no recording of that gig?
Ugh... Yea, that's true.

Although, I got the impression that it was more of a comment where Rick was saying:

"Don't count on it being officially released like the LHN cd's" more so than -

"We didn't even make a reference copy."

And jeez... I just did a quick search on the forums, and it's funny re-reading comments about that performance, and that whole US Tour,
Old 07-20-2019, 11:28 PM
negative1

Re: ATL080328 - 23 minute Born Slippy (Original)/Pearls Girl/Beautiful Burnout live j
I just don't forsee underworld going back to an improv friendly setlist ever again.
The newer pre-drift tracks don't suit that style of playing.

Sure maybe in the future, if they wanted to shock people, and do a drift heavy
setlist, that could work. But at the expense of the tried and true tracks.

very unlikely.

later
Old 07-21-2019, 01:13 AM
darkvoice
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by negative1 View Post
I just don't forsee underworld going back to an improv friendly setlist ever again.
The newer pre-drift tracks don't suit that style of playing.

Sure maybe in the future, if they wanted to shock people, and do a drift heavy
setlist, that could work. But at the expense of the tried and true tracks.

very unlikely.

later

Rijksmuseum Amsterdam gig does proof they could do it. The gear allows it. So I think its a choice and maybe done to make things easier to keep on performing live as much as possible and focus more on creating studio recordings.

Point is that they also started to distance theirselves from fan communication. During the dirty radio sessions they answered a lot of fan questions. Last 10 years they talk to media a lot but I miss a fan based dirty FAQ.

Gr,
Mark
Old 07-21-2019, 01:17 AM
taotsu
taotsu

Well, while I am old enough to have jumped on the dark train in 1996, I have always missed them live. Till now.
So, I am hunting the old recordings like a mad man, coz those improves are fucking fantastic, same as the radio shows (how many where there, I only have 3, sadly).
But I am dying to see them live, even now.
The idea of the big letter in the background being displayed is interesting, but it also can serve now to introduce new material like Border Country.
Regardless, as I have said before, the 2 of them are in their 60s. Jamming like its nothing is insanely hard, and I am happy to see them shows like Sydney which still go the full length at all. That does cost a lot of energy.
And seriously, maybe we are lucky and next is a subscription to old stuff next, after Drift. They seem to know what they wanna do and honestly, I would happily pay, if I get to hear / download old shows, unrelated stuff and jams.
They have been harvesting email addresses quite well with the drift downloads, I think if 10% of all subscribers to the email list would convert to subscribers, I think they sustain a service like this. For example: sign up, get one new - old thing every week and download the archive as well or so.

ok, I will go back to dreaming and looking forward what is next.

PS: I am wondering what the 20 mins pearls girl would sound like mixed into the middle
Old 07-21-2019, 01:20 AM
taotsu
taotsu

Plus: this "proper" Born Slippy (I call NUXX NUXX, since I first heard it on the double singe, coz deep pan is also not born slippy, or is it now?
Anyway, this is by far my fav version yet!
Old 07-21-2019, 10:37 PM
Vancouver
river

Quote:
Should be available on Mixcloud indefinitely.

To download:

http://www.mixcloud-downloader.com
Thanks for this!

(Assuming I did nothing wrong...the bitrates are less than 100kbps...yikes)
Old 07-22-2019, 05:57 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver View Post
(Assuming I did nothing wrong...the bitrates are less than 100kbps...yikes)
That's right. It's not great. It's HE-AAC at about 64-ish Kbps, which is roughly equivalent to about 90-ish Kbps AAC or 100-110-ish Kbps MP3.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:40 AM
khouri
khondo dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvoice View Post
Point is that they also started to distance theirselves from fan communication. During the dirty radio sessions they answered a lot of fan questions. Last 10 years they talk to media a lot but I miss a fan based dirty FAQ.Mark
I could be mistaken but I think they previously had a fan working in the organization; first Scott and then Yannick? The lack of such a person in the current org may account for the lack of more direct fan interactions.

But I suspect Underworld know what most fan questions are at this point:

- More improvs
- Release '5 Points'
Old 07-22-2019, 10:50 AM
Vancouver
river

Quote:
That's right. It's not great. It's HE-AAC at about 64-ish Kbps, which is roughly equivalent to about 90-ish Kbps AAC or 100-110-ish Kbps MP3.
Cheers for that. Wish they offered these as decent downloads given the quality of the performances.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:53 PM
crank
I'm a big sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
I could be mistaken but I think they previously had a fan working in the organization; first Scott and then Yannick? The lack of such a person in the current org may account for the lack of more direct fan interactions.

But I suspect Underworld know what most fan questions are at this point:

- More improvs
- Release '5 Points'
Yeah, it's TODD now aka TheBang