Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > technique.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2008, 08:17 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: NFL talk
Wouldn't it be something if we had big upsets and the Super Bowl ended up between the Cardinals or Vikings and Chargers? Las Begas would lose millions.

Talk on FoxSports today is how dangerous the Colts look - agreed, they've been the hottest over the last 8 or so weeks, especially with Captain Comeback Peyton manning. But you know what? It's the flippin' Playoffs! Every team is capable of winning here, and i'd expect a few surprises. Ravens are very tough, too.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:57 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Oddly enough, when I look at the Colts, I see a beatable/exposed team. I realize they won what 10 in a row (?) but I still consider them a weaker version of themselves. I see the same in Tennessee but can't place the reasons that I do. Maybe I'm looking at these teams from a perspective of a Dolphin matchup? But the teams that scare me most are Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

I'm not even counting the Falcons as a playoff team. Sure they played well enough to get the nod, but I'd be shocked if they were to even be in a game much less win one.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:38 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

The Cards are the only team I absolutely cannot see making it to the Bowl. Their defense is garbage and they can't run. If they were in a good division, they'd be 7-9 or worse. The Chargers aren't looking good either, but they won their last four, so it's hard to count them completely out. Completely agreed about the Titans though. It's hard to place why I don't think they are the best AFC team, but they've never seemed that dominant to me. Their victory over the Steelers is their only real impressive win IMO.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:24 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

I'm going to the Cardinals game on Saturday. I'm freaking excited. It's the first home playoff game for the Cardinals since they moved to Arizona 20 years ago. My first NFL playoff game, too. I've been to NBA and MLB playoffs before, and I expect it to be completely insane since it's win or go home.

Yeah, the Cardinals running game is fairly putrid, but their passing offense is lights out. Larry Fitzgerald has the amazing ability to catch the uncatchable ball, and Anquan Boldin is, I think, the toughest receiver in the league. He's built like a tank.

The team I see winning the Super Bowl is Carolina. They seem to have the least amount of weaknesses. They'll go up against the Titans, IMO, because the Steelers QB had a concussion.

--Jason
Old 01-02-2009, 06:13 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
The team I see winning the Super Bowl is Carolina. They seem to have the least amount of weaknesses. They'll go up against the Titans, IMO, because the Steelers QB had a concussion.

--Jason
This was my line of thinking too. Apparently Big Ben is okay, but I don't trust that; Derek Anderson had a concussion in the preseason and posted up HORRIBLE stats in his first three regular season games. I couldn't help but wonder if he was still shaken up by that...
Old 01-02-2009, 08:20 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

I'm going to make a completely arbitrary guess of how the playoffs will pan out. And since I'm unable to pick against Miami, here's my guess.
I'd be happy if I got even a few right but here goes:

Round 1:
Baltimore @ Miami
Philadelphia @ Minnesota
Atlanta @ Phoenix
Indianapolis @ San Diego

Round 2:
Miami @ Pittsburgh
Philadelphia @ New York
Phoenix @ Carolina
San Diego @ Tennesee

Round 3:
San Diego @ Miami
Carolina @ New York

Round 4:
Miami v. Carolina
Old 01-05-2009, 05:02 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

well, shit.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:46 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Yeah, sorry. Man, i wanted the 'Fins to beat the Ravens. If they survive the Titans, which i think they will, i'm afraid for the Steelers to potentially host them for the Title game. Assuming Pittsburgh makes it past the Chargers.

Good for the Chargers knocking off the Colts. Bye, Peyton.
And how about those Cardinals?!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:31 AM
bas_I_am
vision

Baltimore at Tennessee
San Diego at Pittsburgh

Arizona at Carolina
Philadelphia at N.Y. Giants

then

Baltimore at San Diego
Philadelphia at Carolina

San Diego [at] Carolina
Old 01-05-2009, 10:53 PM
cured
sikk

BALTIMORE over Tennessee (20-10 type of game)
PITTSBURGH over San Diego (Chargers are too gimped)

NY GIANTS over Philadelphia (picking against my beloved Eagles)
CAROLINA over Arizona (by three touchdowns)

then

BALTIMORE over Pittsburgh (by 2 touchdowns)
CAROLINA over NY Giants (field goal)

then

BALTIMORE over Carolina (1 point...this pick goes either way)