Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2019, 11:09 AM
funkboy3
Just this guy

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
I also cancelled the full DRIFT Series 1 that I preordered on iTunes as I was unable to download the new versions of all the tracks I had already bought as singles on iTunes as they were showing as already purchased even though they are different tracks and I had paid the full price!!
Oh, weird, I hadn't noticed this before... But yeah, same for me; any of the ones I'd previously purchased as singles are "missing" from the Series 1 "album" in my downloads. (I also just noticed the same thing happened with the DJ Shadow album that just dropped today.)

I assume there _must_ be a way to convince iTunes to download the box-set versions, but I'm not feeling like fighting with it right now.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:52 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkboy3 View Post
Oh, weird, I hadn't noticed this before... But yeah, same for me; any of the ones I'd previously purchased as singles are "missing" from the Series 1 "album" in my downloads. (I also just noticed the same thing happened with the DJ Shadow album that just dropped today.)

I assume there _must_ be a way to convince iTunes to download the box-set versions, but I'm not feeling like fighting with it right now.
I believe that if you excise all the existing (conflicting) Drift tracks from your iTunes library (but keep the files or retrieve them from the Trash), then you should be able to download Series 1 in full. And then add back in the files that you purged earlier.

Alternatively, you could download Series 1 in full on a new iTunes library, either on a new computer, in a new VM, or new library instance. Then, copy the files, and import them into your main iTunes Library.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Vancouver
river

Thanks for the updates.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:31 AM
Dino3D
pants

I'm still waiting for my CD copy. Is the booklet the same as the vinyl's inner sleeve graphics?
Old 11-10-2019, 08:03 PM
saintrik
temperature drops

Seems odd at this late stage - but I don’t think we’ve seen any samples of what the physical box set is going to look like...

Has anything surfaced yet?

UPDATE: Simon Taylor says photos of the box set are coming soon - once they receive it.

Last edited by saintrik; 11-11-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:53 AM
saintrik
temperature drops

Received my copy of the Japanese 2CD edition of the DRIFT Series 1 Sampler Edition.

Track list and times are as follows:
DISC 1
Appleshine 8:37
This Must Be Drum Street 4:26
Listen To Their No 5:44
Border Country 6:51
Mile Bush Pride 1:34
Schiphol Test 4:43
Brilliant Yes That Would Be 6:04
S T A R (Rebel Tech) 3:45
Imagine A Box 6:02
Custard Speedtalk 9:45

DISC 2
Low Between Zebras 2:38
Toluca Stars 9:56
Doris 4:13
A Moth At The Door 1:49
Dune 10:27
Hundred Weight Hammer 3:58
Do Breakers Trip 3:19
Molehill 5:36

The second CD is also a continuous mix (similar to the standard Sampler Edition) hence the different track times. IMO, it works really well as a mix.

The release comes in a trifold wallet case with a small sticker, the standard english insert (I'm assuming...) and a second insert with the lyrics for Disc 1 only.

The standard english insert is very different from the PDF booklet included with the official high-res download from the UW store, leading me to believe that the PDF mirrors the book included with the box set.

Last edited by saintrik; 11-11-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:53 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Appleshine Continuum feels much less energetic to me in the final mix than as it did on Drift 2. Love that we have a few versions of some of these tracks
Old 11-12-2019, 08:42 AM
darmok
dust between the wires

Just got an email from the store saying that my card was declined for the boxset order - I was issued a new card number between when I placed the order and now. Fortunately the store gave me the option of updating the payment details. Fingers crossed that this means the boxset is shipping soon.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:43 AM
khouri
khondo dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmok View Post
Just got an email from the store saying that my card was declined for the boxset order - I was issued a new card number between when I placed the order and now. Fortunately the store gave me the option of updating the payment details. Fingers crossed that this means the boxset is shipping soon.
Same thing happened to me! I wish they'd charge these things when we make the pre-order, but maybe that's just me.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:25 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

got a phone call for a potentially fraudulent charge from "tmstores", but i approved it. checked my acct at the UW store and it says "shipped on november 14th", which, lol, but it sounds like they're finally going out.

$106 though, fuck.