Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 10-23-2019, 07:59 PM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
probably because we don't know anything about them yet! there was one acapella bit in a Drift preview that didn't get released, so maybe that's one. I would guess "Appleshiner" is the coda bit of "Appleshine" which, judging by the times on iTunes, got lopped off.

tbh it's kind of nuts to think there's worthwhile stuff that wasn't released and isn't being saved for Drift 2, though as we all know the "unreleased" UW tracks are usually quite good. the fact that they aren't listed as "bonus tracks" gives me some optimism since that means they're meant to be part of the EP and aren't just half-finished stuff.

as for the release date...I haven't gotten an email yet, idk if they plan to make an official announcement tomorrow. the fact that it's been pushed exactly 3 weeks is...curious. if they're still tweaking things that's probably a good sign for the final project. I do wonder if there are going to be a lot of small tweaks, the same way there was between the single releases and the EPs
Old 10-23-2019, 08:32 PM
domsgotsideburns
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman View Post
Okay but

Are we still getting digital downloads of this on nov 1 or not
i keep on ecstatically checking every day to find this out. very curious to see the track lengths too. i'm hoping that there's some clarification tomorrow, but we'll have to see...
Old 10-23-2019, 09:30 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

I think it’s great. If I’m doing my addition correctly I think we’re getting 40 songs altogether. That’s basically unheard of.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:45 AM
purlieu
enofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphasein View Post
I think those that have been following along and got/bought the EP's as they came out are probably used to them now and these new tracks will probably continue to feel like extras (though I hope they fit each disc theme and flow well together).
Most of them I've only listened to once or twice, because I do almost all my listening in context of full physical releases. I was planning on burning my own CDr copies of the EPs but then the box was announced so I've basically been holding off until I get the whole thing and can enjoy it all together, now with bonus tracks.

Not surprised that the date's been pushed back, they only got the test books through last week. Much as I'm disappointed I won't be getting this lovely thing through sooner, it does give me opportunity to get the new Winged Victory for the Sullen album on the 1st now!
Old 10-24-2019, 04:45 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

yeah, im pretty lost with regards to the release of this. So the date has changed? do we still not know if there's a full digital release?
Old 10-24-2019, 05:22 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

if the box/release is delayed, they're not alone. The chemical brothers surrender box was originally advertised for an october release, and is now also 22 nov. coincidentally, I've had an email today regarding Ludovico Einaudi's similar boxset (seven days walking, with 7 new albums in a box) that was advertised as being due 20 sept, then 1 nov, and now again 22 nov - my postmans back is gonna hurt that day!

On the speculation of what happens next, well, we had mention of there being 40 or 50 or more tracks R&K had (such as the interview with Iggy), and that's without taking into account anything else they have created since. Also, they only showed him the 40/50 tracks, there would've been other works in progress one assumes? So for me, drift 2 isn't that much of a surprise, but I'm wondering when we might get a teaser/trailer for it? Will they wait til after christmas? After the december shows? Or will they also facilitate a new launch?

apropos of nothing, I've also been unable to buy quorn mince anywhere for a few weeks. I wonder if these myriad of delays, and the quorn issue are a symptom of brexit being a farce?
Old 10-24-2019, 06:16 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphasein View Post
While we're all waiting until the new release date...

One thing I'm surprised I haven't seen much chatter on this thread about is how many new tracks we are getting with the box set.

I'm planning to make my own "Drift Songs" album out of these new tracks, even if a couple don't make it (like possibly the third Necks collaboration). Anyone else excited by this prospect of a whole new album worth of material hidden in the box set (especially with the hyped Two Arrows)?
I’ve been assuming that the thread to make your own drift album isn't in full swing precisely because we don’t have an albums worth of songs to factor into it yet
Old 10-24-2019, 06:41 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
yeah, im pretty lost with regards to the release of this. So the date has changed? do we still not know if there's a full digital release?
i'd be shocked if there wasn't, they've released everything digitally so far
my guess is they're still tweaking the final mixes. that would be why we don't have the track times on the actual EPs yet.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:49 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Been a long time since I've waited for an email this anxiously.

what's the storyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-uh. wonder if they're changing the tracklist
Old 10-24-2019, 10:12 AM
khouri
khondo dweller

Wild guess: uncleared sample?