Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 11-10-2005, 04:23 PM
lloyd
bungalow

2005-10-11 013 Tilburg 2nd gig
Just back from Tilburg.

Well.. 2nd gig at the same venue so I won't talk about that other then it's the best place to see underworld with a lot of fans. I forgot to mention the [color=Lime]GREEN LASER[color=Black] in my report about the first gig I think? Well... it was there, going mental during KoS and Moaner, and it did again today.
I love it when it waves down over the crowd.

We did meet up with some 15 people at the bar Extase, had a great chat with people we did meet before the HMH gig earlier this year and 'old time' friends we speak more often. I had a great time, thanks for coming everybody. (as if they had a choice... everybody was holding tickets for everybody it seemed)

Same easy enterance as last night, although we had to line up for a few minutes before getting in.
We found a spot to stand really near to the gate that fitted the people we were with and to have a little space to dance/move. Lots of chatter with old time friends while Darren was showing of his DJ skills again.

They came on stage, rick and karl first, then darren. I have to tell that the stagehand was on stage a few times too, kicking gear back into right order.
This was a totally different show then the first night, started different and ended different too.
Tracklisting is all blurry again.. got to renew my RAM I think.
This time around, ofcourse Moaner and BS.nuxx/2003/nuxx with some more tweaks. Dark Train again \o/ Some of the new tracks, 2 very 'soft' parts in the show, what I think will be moviescores or ambiantish pieces for the web. Again they dropped samples of loads of other songs during the entire show, Karl sang the criminals fugitives sample live! We did hear TMO today.. and the encore, yes this time they did one, was Jumbo. By that time I was standing in the front and got a high five by Karl We got the Dirty.org banner on the projection screen this time.
So.. loads of new stuff and some crowdpleasers. Wicked concert.
2 down, 2 to go!

2 bad pics of my fuji cam: 1 and 2
[/color][/color]
Old 11-10-2005, 04:36 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: 2005-10-11 013 Tilburg 2nd gig
Rowla
Kittens

yum.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:38 PM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

and Spikee again!
I loved that hard techno track in between Two Months Off and Dark Train, and the cool breakbeat intro into Jumbo.
Waaaaah! Still trembling with excitement from these two nights!
Old 11-10-2005, 04:44 PM
lloyd
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
Rowla
Kittens

yum.
I did say crowdpleasers didn't I?

Yeah! Freaking Kittens!
Waited for stimpee to tell you lot that. It's his song
Old 11-10-2005, 05:47 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Snake
and Spikee again!
!
WHAAAH?! That's too awesome! How long have folks around here been asking for Spikee live! Bits of it used to spring up in the mid 90's gigs (usually with Leave Home rmx), but what a banging track!

Please, UW, come to New York! And bring Spikee with you!

-holden
Old 11-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Leon
bungalow

ROWLA!!!!!!!

and they played Tiny Clicks, quite a nice surprise I think

The intro to Jumbo (breakbeat-ish) was a very nice one too.

Meeting before the gig was very cool too. I messaged Janie with the question where she was. She was in the hotel... and guess who stayed there too? Rick, Karl and Darren!!! hahaha I actually met them for like 20 seconds, introduced myself but they were in a hurry. Karl looked very tired and they chatted up with fans earlier that day. Still it was very cool to meet them heh!

And I'm very glad I didn't have to sleep at the police station! Some might know what I mean

It was fun to meet the Dirties again, wonderful people!

I went directly to school from Tilburg and I have a presentation in half an hour! after that I'm going to SLEEEP.

Oh and the Peggy Sussed song REALLY REALLY REALLY rocks. I only knew it from the short sample on uwlive.com but its slow dance beat is fucking sexy!!!!

And Karl was dancing his ass off again, great!

Last edited by stimpee; 11-14-2005 at 02:54 AM. Reason: names and places
Old 11-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
Rowla
Kittens

yum.
owwwwwwwwwww, now i am sad i had to go home!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:39 AM
stimpee
Administrator

miaow! .
Old 11-11-2005, 01:01 AM
bochell
river

Wow, they started their gig with the new track from Lovely Broken Thing called ' jal to tokyo', which sounded great live. After this track they blew in ' REZ' and 'ROWLA' which we're two highlights already at the beginning!! Indeed it was a big (and welcome)suprise when they played ' Spikee' in the first hour.

It looked like this gig was one for the die hard fans. They experienced a lot with their new tracks, soundscapes, bleeps and beats, wich was exactly what I hoped they would do. Beside that, instead of playing al the big hits (they didn't play Cowgirl, Pearls Girls and Dinosaur for instance) it we're the less familiair tracks where they rocked the crowd with.

'Kittens' in the second hour was another highlight, followed by a brilliant drum and bass track (in sort of LTJ Bukem style only than 1000 x better). They closed the show with 'Moaner', wich still is the perfect finisch for an Underworld live gig.

It was the 6th time since 1996 I saw the guys live, and again it was one big suprise and the best trip you can imagine!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 02:48 AM
lloyd
bungalow

R/K/D, one request we dirties get asked a lot is a setlist of what darren spins before and or after the show. Lots of people really want to know what tracks they are. We would like it if it is possible and not all unknow-white label
The TMO versions after the gig of the 9th was great.