Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:10 PM
WhiteNoise
I?m good, I?m alright

Re: 2016-02-13 6 Music Festival
If Rah's the Luna Luna Luna song mixed (rather flawlessly I do say) with the "Yeah" and "Can You Hear Me" teasers on Youtube.

Dark Train and Pearl's Girl arrangements are very very tight and rehearsed sounding - this is not a complaint, they're very very good, like an unexpectedly well nailed performance ala their Everything, Everything picks vs their long improvized renditions. But with good new stuff thrown in here and there.

So far zero transitions.

TMO on next.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:13 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Yea no transitions at all... I guess though they are sort of playing a one off live radio session so I don't expect it to flow hugely.

They are on to Two Months Off now and like the other classics it sounds like they have been adding a few extra samples here and there. The sound is fantastic on the stream.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:16 PM
WhiteNoise
I?m good, I?m alright

Yeah I can't believe how good this stream sounds. That Pearl's Girl bassline tore it up. I think they did something different to it.

I think they're going for (relatively) more of a songier "proper band" approach with the new record, hense the lack of transitions.

Aaaaand we lost them!!
Old 02-13-2016, 02:19 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNoise View Post
Yeah I can't believe how good this stream sounds. That Pearl's Girl bassline tore it up. I think they did something different to it.

I think they're going for (relatively) more of a songier "proper band" approach with the new record, hense the lack of transitions.

Aaaaand we lost them!!

I guess this is to be expected. They have had a full set or two on the website for 24 hours after the show itself so I hope they will have at least 6/7 songs available on the website soon.

Gideon Coe will be returning for the end of the set "later on" .... i'm going to guess that is 45 mins from now.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:21 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
So far zero transitions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwho View Post
Yea no transitions at all... I guess though they are sort of playing a one off live radio session so I don't expect it to flow hugely.
That's kind of how they've been playing for quite a few years now, and I wouldn't expect that to change.

I really like If Rah a lot.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:29 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
That's kind of how they've been playing for quite a few years now, and I wouldn't expect that to change.
That is how they have been playing since Barking tour... it happened quite deliberately and I remember them commenting on how they were trying it out because they had never done it before..

Personally find it less interesting as I quite enjoy listening to all the variations in their many live shows where recordings exist... but for the Barking tour it was pointless listening to them all... nothing unique between the shows.

Hopefully they bring a little more improv back.. especially since the technology they are now using makes it so much easier to work on the fly with so many different samples... it is so easy now that just playing the same set over and over is a piece of piss..

I want to hear them try so hard they fuck it up... I want to hear them fuck it up and try harder.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:33 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

While I share the sentiment, I don't expect that to happen.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:58 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

They are back on now with Rez/Cowgirl
Old 02-13-2016, 02:58 PM
WhiteNoise
I?m good, I?m alright

And back after (too much) Suede to Cowgirl. Sounds similar to the EE arrangement.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:01 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
And back after (too much) Suede to Cowgirl. Sounds similar to the EE arrangement.
Yea real classic EE drop at the end of it... nice low frequencies though and this is a bit slower.

Now King of Snake