Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > craft.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:10 PM
Jram
river

Tickets and Touts: a blog post
Hi,

Some of you make music, I write. The latest piece is about tickets and touts in general, and my annoyance with the BBC over its 6 Music Festival and the inavailability of tickets to see Depeche Mode in a tiny venue.

Please read, and share if you feel so inclined: https://embracetheabsurdity.wordpres...usic-festival/

Thanks
Old 04-12-2017, 10:25 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: Tickets and Touts: a blog post
I've found that sites like Twickets and Ticketswap are really helping in the fight against touts because they are cutting out the gouging sites like the ticketmaster owned seatwave, and have a limit on the amount you can charge over the cost of the original ticket. i've bought so many tickets on ticketswap in the last year. its a godsend.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Jram
river

Re: Tickets and Touts: a blog post
I know Twickets is supposed to be good, not familiar with Ticketswap.
On the back of writing that post I'm sorely tempted to try and sell my Penn & Teller tickets - I really have had enough.

To their credit, UW has (thankfully) been one of the few bands that has been reasonably priced and straightforward to buy tickets for - certainly when they sell through their own site.