Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:09 PM
chems1919
mouseman

Rick Smith scoring Danny Boyle's 'Trance' - March 25, 2013 release
I just found this article: http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/com...olo-on-trance/

Since I'm a huge Danny Boyle fan and obviously an UW junkie, I'm loving this news. Danny shot the film before he did the Olympics and it's been in post-production for quite some time now. I'm assuming we'll get a trailer soon; it would be cool if it contained a clip of what Rick is cooking up.

Also, as an FYI, Boyle teamed up with screenwriter John Hodge again for the film. It's been a while since they worked together, but Hodge wrote Trainspotting.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:24 PM
gcoleman99
flows like a river

Send a message via Yahoo to gcoleman99
Re: Rick Smith scoring Danny Boyle's 'Trance'
Quote:
Originally Posted by chems1919 View Post
I just found this article: http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/com...olo-on-trance/

Since I'm a huge Danny Boyle fan and obviously an UW junkie, I'm loving this news. Danny shot the film before he did the Olympics and it's been in post-production for quite some time now. I'm assuming we'll get a trailer soon; it would be cool if it contained a clip of what Rick is cooking up.

Also, as an FYI, Boyle teamed up with screenwriter John Hodge again for the film. It's been a while since they worked together, but Hodge wrote Trainspotting.
Thanks for linking. I'd read a little about the movie (it does look interesting), and had been a little curious to see if Rick was going to be doing something with it, given their history.....
Old 01-05-2013, 09:39 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Nice find, thanks for posting. Interesting that it's being done as Rick Smith rather than Underworld.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Wonder if it'll be like the Bungalow With Stairs stuff? Mostly ambient but a few frantic moments.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Mike
born013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Nice find, thanks for posting. Interesting that it's being done as Rick Smith rather than Underworld.
It is interesting. I have suggested before, and at risk of making it sound like a conspiracy, it came across to me that Rick did pretty much all of the work on Olympics and was certainly the only name drop when it came to talking about it... Also subtle references in Karl's daily diary suggested that they seemed to be at distance from each other.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 AM
chems1919
mouseman

The first trailer is out now. Sadly, there aren't any tunes from Rick on it; it has 2 UNKLE tracks.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:34 AM
the mongoose
talks to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
It is interesting. I have suggested before, and at risk of making it sound like a conspiracy, it came across to me that Rick did pretty much all of the work on Olympics and was certainly the only name drop when it came to talking about it... Also subtle references in Karl's daily diary suggested that they seemed to be at distance from each other.

Yeah, seems like anything Karl sings on or whatever is an "Underworld" track/remix/collab...but everything Rick is doing is either Danny Boyle or art project related, and published under his own name. Does seem to be a vibe of parting ways. Which would suck because no one makes better electronic music together. Guessing that would mean a "Rick Left the Band" scenario or a "Karl owns or acquired the rights to use the name Underworld™ from now on" sort of thing.

Who knows though when the band is so quiet for the last year and some change with no big band direction announcements one way or the other.

Last edited by the mongoose; 01-13-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:13 AM
ndrwrld
blue

i'm gonna wear my signed shoes inside the house all day today in hopes my feet's good vibes destroy what i just read here about the possibility of UW ceasing to exist as it does right now.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:21 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

I suspect its more of giving credit where due. I imagine rick does a lot more work on these prijects as of late (espescially with the lack of lyrics) and theres starting to be some segregation between 'underworld' projects and other projects.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:57 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Agree, something feels wrong here.