Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

  Dirty Forums > underworld.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #411  
Old 11-19-2019, 09:08 AM
atticinsane
river
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 26
Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Just got the boxset download code to work following some back and forth with Sound Of Vinyl support.

The download is a 5.4gb zip file with all the additional, non-physical release tracks that UW put out on Thursadys over the year - such as Coming Out Of Texas, Sydney Hotel room Peal etc - all in 24/48 wavs. Awesome!
  #412  
Old 11-19-2019, 09:10 AM
twicezero
mouseman
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 128
Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
I tore the back of my Second Toughest box (the first deluxe one I bought) so I've been incredibly careful ever since. Still not sure why they don't just print the tracklist on the back.
I'm guessing they didn't know the tracklisting when they got the box in production - might be a good cost management operation?

I do want to find out if they happen to have a spare outer boxes I can get posted to me - but who would I contact?
  #413  
Old 11-19-2019, 09:15 AM
purlieu
enofa
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 450
Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by atticinsane View Post
Just got the boxset download code to work following some back and forth with Sound Of Vinyl support.

The download is a 5.4gb zip file with all the additional, non-physical release tracks that UW put out on Thursadys over the year - such as Coming Out Of Texas, Sydney Hotel room Peal etc - all in 24/48 wavs. Awesome!
Oof! Exciting stuff. Grabbing this now, cheers for the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twicezero View Post
I'm guessing they didn't know the tracklisting when they got the box in production - might be a good cost management operation?
They seem to be on all the deluxe box sets I've purchased over the last few years, so I dunno if this is the case, or if all these things go into production early or what...
  #414  
Old 11-19-2019, 09:48 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Newcastle upon the Tyne,UK
Posts: 2,426
Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Got my box and Iím number 76.

Same issue with the back cover seemingly not glued down. Iíve kept the cardboard tube in it as a protector. Hopefully able to redeem the download code later on and hopefully for more than the sampler.

Interestingly, the booklet cover is pink where the unboxing Video has it in yellow.
__________________
What's a signature?

Last edited by Dirty0900; 11-19-2019 at 09:58 AM.
  #415  
Old 11-19-2019, 10:01 AM
bazwint
mouseman
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 162
Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
#300

Where is this download code? In the boxset purchased from the UW store?
  #416  
Old 11-19-2019, 10:10 AM
purlieu
enofa
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 450
Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
It's at the bottom of the red sheet with the tracklist on one side and the steam powered man words on the other.

The download is 5:42:56 in total, bringing the complete audio contents of the box set to a few minutes shy of 12 and a half hours. Including the BluRay, the full thing amounts to a smidge over 16 and a half hours. Plus an 80 page book. That's an almost unfathomable amount of material released in the space of a year.
  #417  
Old 11-19-2019, 10:12 AM
atticinsane
river
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 26
Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazwint View Post
#300

Where is this download code? In the boxset purchased from the UW store?
Mine was at the bottom of a signed red insert with text from the 'Steam powered man' poem on one side and a tracklisting on the other. It was included in the Drift Series 1 CD box set that I pre-ordered from the UW store.

edit: beaten by purlieu

Last edited by atticinsane; 11-19-2019 at 10:14 AM.
  #418  
Old 11-19-2019, 11:12 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,509
Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
It's at the bottom of the red sheet with the tracklist on one side and the steam powered man words on the other.

The download is 5:42:56 in total, bringing the complete audio contents of the box set to a few minutes shy of 12 and a half hours.
waiiiiiit, are you saying that the download is almost 6 hours of bonus material???


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900 View Post

Interestingly, the booklet cover is pink where the unboxing Video has it in yellow.

huh. mine was yellow as well.
  #419  
Old 11-19-2019, 11:46 AM
purlieu
enofa
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 450
Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman View Post
waiiiiiit, are you saying that the download is almost 6 hours of bonus material???
Yeah, it's HD wavs of all the between-episode material, including all the mixes.
  #420  
Old 11-19-2019, 01:06 PM
iamneorev
pants
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 296
Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
F--k me. I knew I should've gone for the boxset and not just the digital downloads. Man, if that Romford 98 live rehearsal is a part of it in HD WAV, I'm curling up in a corner forever. Also, man, that Pearls Girl jam would be amazing in 24 bit.

Last edited by iamneorev; 11-19-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.