Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

  Dirty Forums > underworld.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 05-31-2018, 05:06 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,027
Re: World of Underworld
The new track has been added to the stadium techno playlist already, this is without a doubt their format for forthcoming releases. Hopefully the larger set pieces (album/riverrun mix like stuff) is available physically.
  #42  
Old 05-31-2018, 06:33 PM
holden
collateral damage
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: foothills of the front range
Posts: 2,843
Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: World of Underworld
I guess I'm a traditionalist, in that I prefer cohesive releases. We all know that Underworld have been involved in multimedia. We know that they span electronic styles. Maybe this World is to attract new fans who are unaware of UW eclecticity. Fine! But keep delivering new tunes, please. And hopefully in a unified format. We've gotten works in progress from many radio shows. Show us the latest direction!
__________________
Believe in Billy Records
  #43  
Old 06-01-2018, 05:32 AM
potatobroth
bungalow
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,066
Re: World of Underworld
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
I guess I'm a traditionalist, in that I prefer cohesive releases.
I much prefer an album format. Even Riverrun was a little too strange for me (being each a ~30min unbroken track.)

I'm fine with a bunch of one-offs appearing here and there as singles, but as for new music by Underworld proper, I'm fingers-crossed for an album.
  #44  
Old 06-02-2018, 07:53 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,869
Re: World of Underworld
Spotify playlists? Hmmm, not a fan of this "format" of presenting music, although I guess it's a convenient way for them to present some older catalog stuff in a different context. It's probably aimed more at newcomers to Underworld to give them a broad taste of all the different stuff they do.
__________________
"I have always LOVED Underworld" - Sir Elton John
  #45  
Old 06-04-2018, 08:41 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 924
Re: World of Underworld
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
I much prefer an album format. Even Riverrun was a little too strange for me (being each a ~30min unbroken track.)

I'm fine with a bunch of one-offs appearing here and there as singles, but as for new music by Underworld proper, I'm fingers-crossed for an album.

yea it was definitely a bit obnoxious to have to split up the tracks yourself. I'd listen to them unbroken a lot but they really did feel like 3 EPs with 4-5 tracks each, including some "single worthy" stuff that you'd want to isolate from the album


I'm on the same page as everyone else here, I kinda like what they're doing but I hope they do release some standalone thing with just the new stuff. I don't have Spotify and I don't really plan on getting it for this. very interested to see what they come up with for the red playlist, which has stuff like "8 Ball", "Faxed Invitation", and "Ballet Lane"....
  #46  
Old 07-05-2018, 05:26 PM
domsgotsideburns
each peach pear plum
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 98
Re: World of Underworld
i don't think it's been posted here yet, but someone over on instagram posted a recording of animated World of Underworld art moving along with the playlist 'melodicgroovefortwistedfloorsman'. has anyone else experienced this? looks like it's just a spotify mobile thing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj9bY9_lU6U/
  #47  
Old 07-08-2018, 03:03 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 4,523
Re: World of Underworld
Quote:
Originally Posted by domsgotsideburns View Post
i don't think it's been posted here yet, but someone over on instagram posted a recording of animated World of Underworld art moving along with the playlist 'melodicgroovefortwistedfloorsman'. has anyone else experienced this? looks like it's just a spotify mobile thing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj9bY9_lU6U/
Yeah, I noticed it when I play NUXX on Spotify. Hard to tell which tracks and/or playlists have it, and why.
  #48  
Old 08-07-2018, 09:26 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,027
Re: World of Underworld
Now that Iggy's EP is done and out, wonder what's next!?

Also, why isn't Apple Shine on spotify? I'd listen to it WAY more often than Brilliantly, Yes.
  #49  
Old 08-07-2018, 10:57 PM
domsgotsideburns
each peach pear plum
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 98
Re: World of Underworld
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
Now that Iggy's EP is done and out, wonder what's next!?

Also, why isn't Apple Shine on spotify? I'd listen to it WAY more often than Brilliantly, Yes.

i hope they soon release the tracks they've been teasing in their recent promos. there's an acid track that debuted in one of the UW_Reykjavik promos which sounds awesome.

as for Apple Shine, what if it's still due for an official release and they've just given us a teaser on the youtube channel? 3 minutes is too short for a track as great as that!
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.