Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Re: Strange anger at Obama for Tuesday speech to schools
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mongoose View Post
Ah. Climate change denial, an impending Communist world government, Obama signing our "freedom, democracy and prosperity" away FOREVER....Lord Christopher Monckton has all the makings of a top-notch moron...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Okay so what did Obama actually SAY in his speech to the kids in school? I think I missed it, and trawling through this thread has just revealed that the mongoose knows how to paste childish pictures from other sites rather than engage in meaningful and intelligent conversation. can someone please enlighten me? what was all the fuss about? did that guy on facebook ever reply?

I'm thinking about disabling inline images on the world forum.
Here's a link to the text of the speech. It contained such horrible and controversial statements as:

"...at the end of the day, we can have the most dedicated teachers, the most supportive parents, and the best schools in the world – and none of it will matter unless all of you fulfill your responsibilities. Unless you show up to those schools; pay attention to those teachers; listen to your parents, grandparents and other adults; and put in the hard work it takes to succeed."

But then things like the reality of what was said in this benign, in fact clearly positive speech is generally ignored by those who rabidly oppose Obama. Because the real goal isn't to expose truth, or make the country a better place. The real goal is to foment controversy, opposition, fear and paranoia of Obama in the run-up to this speech and anything else he does - like the stupidity on full display in Mongoose's link above. It's all purely political in it's motivations, and the ignorant masses are the ones who suffer for it.

Last edited by Sean; 10-19-2009 at 10:09 AM.