Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:58 AM
adam
blue

Re: Shoegazer Granulate
I wouldn't really count Spiritualized as shoegaze because the choices and melody and mixes don't really seem to me to be characteristic of the genre. But I was listening to "Taking Drugs to Make Music to Take Drugs To" and it struck me as very much a stylistic predecessor to the washed out sounds of MBV et al. I've never heard that observation repeated elsewhere, so there may be some obvious fact that invalidates it, but that's how it seemed to me...
Old 07-27-2007, 09:06 AM
adam
blue

http://music.guardian.co.uk/rock/sto...rc=rss&feed=39

Guardian article on shoegaze revival.

Anyone familiar with any of these current shoegaze artists?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:40 PM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Send a message via AIM to GreenPea
Check out The Goslings! But no, I haven't heard of any of those new bands (except by name). Btw, I hate the term 'nu-anything'

Also check out on "metalgaze" which is also quite popular these days, generally instrumental heavy music ala Pelican etc. Personally I think the genre is a mixed bag, but earlier ISIS records were pretty good. There are a shitload of these bands these days but I am not an expert so I cant think of anything right now.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:00 PM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Send a message via AIM to GreenPea
I just discovered this French band called Alcest, it is a one man band from the singer of Peste Noire (a french Black Metal band). Suprisingly Alcest is total shoegaze (or at least the song I've heard). They sound kind of TOO sugary to me to be honest, but it fulfills my fix of melancholic sad music. Worth cheking out at least.

http://www.myspace.com/alcestmusic
Old 07-31-2007, 05:20 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam
http://music.guardian.co.uk/rock/sto...rc=rss&feed=39

Guardian article on shoegaze revival.
interesting that mcgee says MBV were his comedy band, me thinks he's still bitter he sold 50% of creation to sony after the recording of loveless nearly bankrupted the company, just before oasis sold millions
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.