Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

Re: Underworld @ Red Rocks
WOOT! just got my days off approved from work. my mates and i will be flying in right after the s.f. gig.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:14 PM
duck_butter
river

I live in denver - work near red rocks - heck, I mtn bike there often. a few pointers to enjoy the red rocks experience.

- avoid heading to the concert via the town of morrison. approach from the north on highway 8.

- there are some motels/hotels a few miles form town in north golden. off of I-70 and highway 6.

- it will get chilly at night - bring warm clothes.

- if it rains - it will get real cold.

- it's never too loud - but I would like to see what UW can crank out.

- built in the 1930's depression putting young men to work.

- one of the best places to ever see a concert.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Professor
this is bat country

Send a message via AIM to Professor
so brother luvs dub and myself will be staying at a best western in lakewood. we fly in about noon on the 11th--i think the plan is to tool around denver until checkin, then food and kick it until show. we fly out directly the next day, so there won't be much time outside of the show. hopefully i'll meet some of you american dirts there. i've met a shit-ton of euro-dirts....
Old 09-05-2007, 08:36 AM
sunflowereye
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
so brother luvs dub and myself will be staying at a best western in lakewood.
Me & my wife are staying at the same Best Western I believe. It's only 6 miles from Red Rocks right? We're arrving the day before and meeting up with 5-6 other friends the day of the show. Would love to meet up with other dirts before heading to the show.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:32 PM
gambit
magic city writer

I'm staying at the Motel 6 in Aurora because I've stayed there before, and it's a really nice Motel 6 in a good neighborhood.

We need a sign or flag or banner or something like that to denote a dirty meeting spot at Red Rocks (since it doesn't sound like we're getting together before or after the show). Does anyone have something like that they can bring and wave around? We should have a group of dirts there, representin' and such.

Also, Protip, we need to get there, reasonably, an hour early and find a spot in the middle. It annoyed me to no end at Daft Punk having people walk in front of my while I was dancing. The middle is where it's at.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:35 PM
gambit
magic city writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowereye
Me & my wife are staying at the same Best Western I believe. It's only 6 miles from Red Rocks right? We're arrving the day before and meeting up with 5-6 other friends the day of the show. Would love to meet up with other dirts before heading to the show.
I'm driving in the day before, so I'll be free that night and all the time up to then. Like I've said, I don't know Denver well enough to say "Hey, let's meet here!" Not unless we want to meet in front of the Capitol Building. I know there's a street mall downtown with a Virgin Megastore, and that's about it.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:48 AM
duck_butter
river

more pointers: right outside red rocks is the small town of morrison. good eats and pregame drinks if needed. looking for 'wild' food - try the Fort - south of red rocks a few miles.

a good place to meet people outside the park before the concert is at the matthew winters or dinosaur parking lots. they are park and ride lots at I-70 and highway 8. 3 mile north of red rocks entrance.

a really good map of red rocks area can be found at:
http://www.redrocksonline.com/pages/...ons/RR_Map.pdf

looking forward to the show!
blt
Old 09-08-2007, 09:36 AM
gambit
magic city writer

So, does anyone want to try and meet at the show??? We should figure out a place to meet or something. Maybe exchange numbers to text each other.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:08 AM
munga
back porch

Send a message via AIM to munga
i'll be there with 2 of my mates who ain't dirts. will be in rmnp earlier in the day tho and then maybe flying dog brewery.

if there is a meeting place at or just before the show let me know. would be nice to meet some of ya.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:44 AM
suzensez
river

Appreciate your pointers a lot. I'll get to Denver Sunday & want to do some easy-to-moderate hikes (I am from Florida = FLAT). Aren't there trails in Red Rocks Park? Are they real lame? Thanks if you can help.