Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2008, 03:33 AM
whatmakesustick

Re: Brixton Academy 1st November 2008
Darren Price was not there again. Someone kept coming on stage every now and then to help Rick (was that Malcolm??). I must say I like the sets better with the mixing between the tracks and a few Pricey tunes thrown into the mix - it just seems to flow better. If he is sick I hope he is better soon!

But, loved the set and wow was it LOUD! Can't wait to here Strumpet on the live CD's.

Did anyone else notice a problem during Parc - the beats dropped out at one point and it felt like it was not planned.

Also, was that the famed 'tokyo light ball' that went crazy at the end during Moaner. If it was'nt, it was very similar and very cool!!

Still buzzing
Old 11-02-2008, 03:43 AM
sanakan
junkie-criminal-fugitive

oh, thanks thebang - i've never heard of it before :')
Old 11-02-2008, 04:39 AM
Dolores
river

I saw details of start time 11.30. is a shame tho' I would have waited til early morning train rather than miss it. Could not have left. That happened to Darren?
Old 11-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Dolores
river

I also think that during Darc when the beats dropped out it was unplanned. Karl jusrt improvised and Rick gave thumbs up to thank him.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:05 AM
ploom2
river

its a shame they came on so late, i had to leave early too (about 1 am though).

rob da bank was good, played lots of interesting tunes and got the crowd going

autokratz reminded me of scooter.......straight boring 4/4 bang bang beats and people trying to look "rock" by twisting knobs and dropping his guitar on the floor...i guess some people liked it ..it bored me rigid ...i wish i'd taken headphones in...

underworld were great...some tunes i didnt recognise (although im not a big fan of guitar noodling )..great set though....i just wish theyd been on earlier and they couldve played longer

i wish people wouldnt keep asking me for drugs...
Old 11-02-2008, 10:01 AM
ndrwrld
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCarlos View Post
Well, I'm pissed off.

Somebody could have warned us they boys weren't on stage till 11.30. The last train back to Sussex left Victoria at 12.05 so we had to miss the gig.

Two tickets to see Underworld £50
Two tickets to get to London £46
A few drinks in Brixton £60
Finding out you've been stitched: Priceless
lol...try flying in from Canada.
sounds like excellent and different sets for both nights.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:15 PM
twicezero
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBurnout View Post
Shame you missed it, but had you checked either the Brixton Academy website or this website yesterday you would have seen that they were on at 11.30. Trains to Brighton and Bognor start at 4am (and to Hastings at 5am) on a Sunday.

Of course you are pissed off but it is a bit much blaming that on someone else, mate.
fair points but on the other hand i wouldn't have bought tickets to both nights if i knew i'd be up til 3am+ each gig when the tickets went on sale...
Old 11-02-2008, 01:13 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

after properly listening to both shows, I am so jealous of those in attendance. great stuff!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:24 AM
twicezero
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
after properly listening to both shows, I am so jealous of those in attendance. great stuff!
How do they come across on CD? My memories of the nights, were that friday had a smoother quieter sound with lots of breaks into ambient pieces, where as saturday as louder, more of the bass drum everywhere, and rougher edges to the structure of some of the songs.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:29 AM
razorpilot
scream to go faster

It seems some people didn't know what they were letting themselves in for.
When all the ticket websites said 'Underworld - special LATE NIGHT show, 8pm until 2am', and the tickets say 'until 2am' on them, what do you expect? AND the Brixton Academy website had performance times up for over a week before the event.
Sorry, but you've only got yourselves to blame, but at least you'll know for next time!
Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents a P*ss Poor Performance!