Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 05:42 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

"keep it simple... one foot in front of the other... who loves to be touched"
this is audible at 19:00 and on to about 22:00 or so in "I'm a big sister, and I'm a girl, and I'm a princess, and this is my horse". it's extremely vocoded and way in the background, though.
i was just listening to this today, it's very strange, the whole thing. it's much different from 'pizza for eggs' and 'lovely broken thing'. much more experimental, it's like stream-of-conciousness writing in musical form. it reminds me of when i was bored when i was little and i would put my hands over my ears and close them and open them making a 'ah-ah-ah-ah-ah' sound... the whole thing is like listening to someone's head. very cool.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:48 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Re: "keep it simple... one foot in front of the other... who loves to be touched"
i listened to all 4 of the RiverRun projects today. enjoyed them all much more than i had the last time i listened.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:03 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

Re: "keep it simple... one foot in front of the other... who loves to be touched"
are you referring to the misterons mix as #4? i don't know, for some reason i never listen to that one. i always listen to the first three in a row, like an album. it makes sense that way, too. it starts out really techno (lovely broken thing) and then it goes into a thing that borders on prog (pizza for eggs) and it concludes with a 30 minute long stream of conciousness thing (i'm a big sister, and i'm a girl, and i'm a princess, and this is my horse') that concludes in a very classical style piano track... it's great. i like each one successively more than the one before it.

i think i like the riverrun project more than 'oblivion with bells'. maybe it's just me.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:08 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

i was *wondering* where i heard 'touched' said just like that before.
thanks.

as long as we're spotting, it may be obscure, but that's what we do, so i can't believe no one else has spotted the live sample they used to use years ago in live gigs for ring road.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:24 PM
galama
mouseman

I usually play "I'm a big sister, and I'm a girl, and I'm a princess, and this is my horse", or just IABSAIAGAIAPATIMH if you'd like to keep it simple before i go to sleep. It serves as an interlude to unwinding the mind from the day behind me.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:46 PM
koisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3
i think i like the riverrun project more than 'oblivion with bells'. maybe it's just me.
no you're not the only one - I said the same thing in one of the other OWB threads.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:54 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman
as long as we're spotting, it may be obscure, but that's what we do, so i can't believe no one else has spotted the live sample they used to use years ago in live gigs for ring road.
Someone did mention it, in the official OwB thread. Someone also mentioned the "keep it simple..." lyrics appearing in the RiverRun Project.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:04 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

yea - it was mongoose
Old 10-22-2007, 07:41 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang
Someone did mention it, in the official OwB thread. Someone also mentioned the "keep it simple..." lyrics appearing in the RiverRun Project.
someone a lot like me!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:10 PM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by koisk
no you're not the only one - I said the same thing in one of the other OWB threads.
well technically OWB is part of Riverrun as well. Just as Tokyo Live was part of Riverrun.
I'm not really into LovelyBrokenThing, but the other two are great. Especially the opening of Pizza for Eggs, that one-two combo of Food-a-Ready and Back in the Fears is just amazing.