Dino3D
pants

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
A Drift Remix series would be great!
Old 10-30-2019, 03:06 AM
purlieu
enofa

Yes, remixes have been notably absent so far, given that in the last 15 years we've had more outsider remixes than original tracks.

(I'm not complaining about the lack of them so far)
Old 10-31-2019, 08:45 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

i have... never been excited about people remixing underworld. as much as i love paul woolford and all, i just can't give a shit. plus remixes loused up the BF box set.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:10 AM
purlieu
enofa

Just got this email four times.
Quote:
Hello!

Well here we are… 52 weeks of DRIFT and a whole year of new music and film in our wake…

Thank you for ordering the box set and for supporting the project. We hope you enjoy it when it arrives…

We are expecting stock to be in our warehouse by Tuesday 12th November and are aiming to ship orders right away, and so depending on where in the world you are, you should be receive it later in that week or early the following week.

In the meantime, we wanted to send you a download for the “Sampler Edition” of the album – which is one of the 7 discs in your box set – as a little taste of what’s to come. Look out for an email on 1st November 2019.

When you have had a chance to listen to the album, read the book and watch the films… tell us what you think by posting and tagging us on Instagram (@underworld) or Twitter (@underworldlive) using the hashtag #DRIFTSERIES1.

Thank you…

UW HQ
Old 10-31-2019, 10:12 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

nice to have an update! three more weeks until the box set then....

(fidget)

am i reaaaaaaaaaally gonna have to wait until then to hear the bonus ones AND bust out the CD drive from a storage box just to have them digitally

Last edited by dubman; 10-31-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:49 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

This has leaked. Just starting to go through it now. So far:

Another Silent Way and Low Between Zebras are the same as the EP, except they're not segued into each other. A Very Silent Way is the same as on the EP.

Dexter's Chalk has a longer, non-segued ending, and that is also still a different ending from the film version. Also, the lyric "atishoo, atishoo" starting at 2:00 has been truncated (thanks, potatobroth).

Universe of Can When Back gets the most changes from Episode 1, and I don't think it's for the better. They've added an industrial steam hissing sound (which I like) that comes up periodically starting at 3:19. Lewis' crazy sax contribution (one of my favorite parts) has been significantly truncated. It no longer comes in at 3:05, but later at 3:36. From 4:05, the entire ending diverges, and there is a small violin bit at the very end that was not previously heard.

Another Silent Way / Drift Poem / Better Than Diamonds includes "you and me, nothing's a drag" near the end, but not in the same way as heard on the Reykjavik teaser. It includes a different Drift Poem passage from Matthew Trevannion. It also has the harmonizing chorus voices as heard in the Drift trailer that had not been released yet. I'm not sure if those chorus voices are part of Better Than Diamonds or Another Silent Way. Karl says "better than diamonds" a lot at the end. It also has Ooooo’s that are like the ones heard in Pinetum.

Brilliant Yes That Would Be gains a new extended coda, which has a different texture since it uses a piano instead of synth, but still fits the mood.

If Brilliant Yes That Would Be is melancholic, then One True Piano Need Hand is its brooding, sinister cousin.

Last edited by TheBang; 03-11-2020 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Dexter's Chalk
Old 10-31-2019, 10:56 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

yea I was under the impression that all 7 discs would be available to download digitally if you preordered the box set, oh well
Old 10-31-2019, 10:58 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

cool! was assuming on/around the 22nd, so hopefully will have the box a week earlier than that.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:39 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Appleshine (Film Edit) is mostly the same, but technically it's a couple seconds longer with a later fade out. Also, the hi-hat through much of the track has been lowered in the mix.

Molehill is the same as the EP

Threat of Rain is different from the EP only in that it fades out about 9 seconds sooner.

Brussels has received the most significant changes from Episode 2. First, that fat bassline (one of my favorite parts) has been thinned out (boo). More reverb effects have been added to Karl's vocals throughout. Starting at 2:20, there are a couple noodling synth lines that have been enhanced and brought to the fore of the mix. A new synth outro begins at 3:55 and continues through the extended ending of the song.

Soniamode (Aditya Game Version) is identical to the single released earlier.

Appleshine Continuum has been cut so that it can fit into the runtime of the final CD, but it's not just a straight cut or a fade edit. It comes in at the 13:13 mark on the original, but not all the elements are immediately present. Most notably all The Necks' tracks are suppressed and come in gradually over the next minute or two. One other change I noticed is a hi-hat which is very prominent throughout the original track has been pushed way back in the mix.

Appleshine (All the Lights) is just Appleshine with some weird Karl lyrics on it.

Roof Off - an interesting, loping track. I'll have to listen to this a few more times.

Last edited by TheBang; 11-01-2019 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Appleshine update
Old 10-31-2019, 05:07 PM
iamneorev
pants

Can't wait to make my own Drift album

Just having fun chopping up my own Drift artwork...