Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:30 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Underworld & Iggy Pop - Tea Time Dub Encounters (New EP: releases July 27th, 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Part of me wonders ( and this was probably brought up before with Bells and Circles), if Karl had spoken the same dialog, would we be more forgiving? More embracing of "edgy" new streams of consciousness/notebook documentation?
Nah. Lyrics like this are very un-underworld.

I’m not excited by this like I’ve been for most other releases. I’m sure I’ll be for the new album that I assume we’ve been hearing snippets of. This feels like a remix or a side project which for other favorite bands rarely interests me as well.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:01 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Re: Underworld & Iggy Pop - Tea Time Dub Encounters (New EP: releases July 27th, 2018
This is perfect and I love it. This new song is wonderful and even with K in support vocal duties this feels about as UW as anything for me. Felt perfectly in place on the ambient ballads playlist next to best mamgu.

As for world of underworld being underwhelming, I think it's too soon to judge a new project before seeing it get used and mature. You gonna judge Juanita or cups off the first 30 seconds too?
Old 06-26-2018, 12:50 PM
WhiteNoise
I?m good, I?m alright

Remember, in 1996/1997 Underworld collaborated extensively with U2, and none of those recordings were ever released (aside from the arguable Moaner Was A Remix of Mofo theory).

Had those collaborations happened in a day and age when music could be spontaneously released, I bet we'd be seeing an EP release just like this. So even though I'm not a fan of Iggy and I'm not incredibly keen on his vocals taking the place of Karl's, I'm just so happy these collaborations are coming out and not being shelved permanently like the U2derworld tapes.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:26 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

oh i have no problem with these existing. Good for Iggy and Underworld. Put out as much music as possible! I just don't like it.

Underworld has done loads of remixes and collabs, but i usually don't connect with them. (I don't typically like remixes of Underworld tracks as well. is that weird?) But i'm glad they exist for sure.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:21 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Underworld & Iggy Pop - Teatime Dub Encounters (New EP: releases July 27th, 2018)
So, the Japan CD release (BRC576) is going to have 2 bonus tracks:

Bells & Circles (Instrumental)
Get Your Shirt (Instrumental)

So, those of you who wanted the tracks without Iggy Pop may be interested in that.

Japan also has some CD+T-shirt bundles (S, M, L, or XL). The t-shirt has the Teatime Dub Encounters logo on it. I found the bundles on Tower Records, HMV, Rakuten, and Amazon so far. BRC576TS, BRC576TM, BRC576TL, BRC576TXL

The Japan digital release (iTunes, Amazon, Ototoy, mora, etc.) will have a different bonus track:

Get Your Shirt (Radio Edit 1) (5:56 long vs. the EP version 7:30 long)
Old 06-29-2018, 08:57 PM
domsgotsideburns
mouseman

Re: Underworld & Iggy Pop - Teatime Dub Encounters (New EP: releases July 27th, 2018)
thanks for noting, just put them and the track lengths in the original post (Japan CD bonus track lengths are unavailable as of right now). i really wish they were selling those t-shirts on underworldlive.com, they look really good. i am excited to hear bells & circles as an instrumental.. it'd be neat if they actually kept karl's vocals in there!
Old 07-05-2018, 08:28 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Re: World of Underworld
A new teaser with a female lead vocal up on the instagram story. Upbeat, bright sunshiny bit paced for the melodicgrooves playlist.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:37 PM
domsgotsideburns
mouseman

Re: World of Underworld
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
A new teaser with a female lead vocal up on the instagram story. Upbeat, bright sunshiny bit paced for the melodicgrooves playlist.
that's actually a new track from 'Teatime Dub Encounters', titled 'Get Your Shirt'
https://open.spotify.com/album/3rDxl1B5omPun9ehMgNpgo

it currently isn't available on youtube yet.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:46 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

"Get Your Shirt" single is available on all digital retailers now.

BTW, I've found that this place has been getting the 24-bit masters, and is a little bit cheaper than 7digital and Qobuz:

https://www.prostudiomasters.com/sea...t&q=Underworld
Old 07-06-2018, 12:03 AM
atticinsane
river

Video for Get Your Shirt: