Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > static.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

London Anyone?
hello,

My lady and I will be visiting on holiday next week and would appreciate any insight for unique sites to see (pubs, restaurants, galleries, boutiques etc...) Sadly, my first London experience was limited to Piccadilly and I'll be damned to let that happen again.

It appears we'll be staying in the Olympia area and we'll be catching both Royksopp (@Royal Festival Hall) & Bloc Party (@Olympia National Hall). Is there anything fun to see or do near these spots? Being creative types, we see ourselves making an attempt to hound TOMATO, for a quick glimpse.

Also, if any dirts have a free moment to catch up for a drink and an exchange of stories, then give a shout!
Old 04-03-2009, 04:36 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Re: London Anyone?
if you're round covent gardent area (not a million miles from festival hall) and fancy a traditional english pubbe - you could do worse than checking out the lamb and flag

it's very unlikely i'll be in london of an evening, as i'm usually dashing out of town after work; but drop a line when you're around anyway - you never know... have a good stay whatever you go!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:57 AM
Winston
is playing his didgeridoo

Send a message via ICQ to Winston Send a message via MSN to Winston
if you into small markets, take the tube, northern line, exit camden town
have fun

Old 04-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Winston
is playing his didgeridoo

Send a message via ICQ to Winston Send a message via MSN to Winston
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
the markets over by Liverpool St. Station / Brick Lane are better than the one at Camden.

whatever

Old 04-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

My experience of Camden markets was that people thought I was a drug dealer. I don't carry bloody drugs around!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:56 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

carry along the southbank to tower bridge and the wharehouse district beyond if you have time, for a feel of 'historic' london...
Old 04-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
carry along the southbank to tower bridge and the wharehouse district beyond if you have time, for a feel of 'historic' london...
This sounds ace, in the sphere of what we'd be looking for in terms of a classic atmosphere. Definitely gonna hit up the lamb flag too, we needs a proper pub experience.

Winston, lol!
If San Francisco & New Orleans dropped LSD together and had a baby, it might look something like Camden Town. Oh, the curiosity!

On a side note, is there any structure that may resemble the likeness of Oxford? We had seen a program recently on the Discovery Channel where students where having supper in the dining hall, to which my girlfriend delightedly stated "it looks like Harry Potter!"

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:24 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Ya knooooow, one of the many public parks(they're all so massive) with a nice the thermos of local tea and a good book worked for me.

But that's just me, and nobody ever listens to me.

Oh, and I'm not really a drinker anymore, but I LOVE the smell of pubs there. There's just a distinctive smell of all English pubs (only in England). I can't really put my finger on it, but it's a combination of their beers & nuts/chips on the bar top, with something else. But it smells GREAT. English people probably don't notice it, but you will.

Last edited by jOHN rODRIGUEZ; 04-09-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:49 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

we notice, jOHN, don't worry about that - it's like a sixth sense - it's the first step in knowing if a pub's worth drinking in! sawdust on the floor's a good sign too (albeit a rare one these daisies)
Old 04-10-2009, 03:09 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

go into a bookstore on Charing Cross Road and find a tour book on hidden London or City Walks, take notes, put the book back and go off on an adventure.