Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2010, 08:54 AM
unwound floors
power before passion.

barbed-wire kisses, memories go right through us
Something I started discussing with one of my best friends a few days ago. Underworld happens to be one of our favourite bands, and given their incredibly expansive back catalogue, both of us have fond memories of making our way through it, with specific songs soundtracking various special moments in our lives.

Going through my Underworld discography tonight is like a trip down memory lane from the past two years. So many small moments in time, so many lyrics that ring true, so many memories that've been soundtracked by Essex's best.

For example: Dark and Long is walking home tipsy from my best friend's eighteenth, three minutes before this incredible late spring thunderstorm broke here in Melbourne, last year. Earbuds jammed in, that song playing as loud as I could stand - I remember feeling those first raindrops on my bare arms, beginning to laugh hysterically, and sprinting all the way home giggling like an idiot, to find flowers and a postcard on my doorstep from a boyfriend who was travelling through England at the time.

Air Towel's lyrics will always remind of summertimes in Melbourne - the small good things you stumble upon, just getting lost in the city with a camera and a roll of film.

Always Loved a Film (Silver Boots) is sitting on a swing in a playground close to my best friend's apartment, catching the first faceful of sunlight in forever during this year's unforgiving winter on a Sunday afternoon tripping like all hell on acid. Watching the trees waving in the wind and singing the lyrics to myself - "I'm a little girl, and I'm a little princess" reminding me that I've still got so much to experience in this world, so many things to discover, so much happiness to find, and that everything would work out fine in the end.

Care to share some of yours?