Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:54 AM
unwound floors
power before passion.

barbed-wire kisses, memories go right through us
Something I started discussing with one of my best friends a few days ago. Underworld happens to be one of our favourite bands, and given their incredibly expansive back catalogue, both of us have fond memories of making our way through it, with specific songs soundtracking various special moments in our lives.

Going through my Underworld discography tonight is like a trip down memory lane from the past two years. So many small moments in time, so many lyrics that ring true, so many memories that've been soundtracked by Essex's best.

For example: Dark and Long is walking home tipsy from my best friend's eighteenth, three minutes before this incredible late spring thunderstorm broke here in Melbourne, last year. Earbuds jammed in, that song playing as loud as I could stand - I remember feeling those first raindrops on my bare arms, beginning to laugh hysterically, and sprinting all the way home giggling like an idiot, to find flowers and a postcard on my doorstep from a boyfriend who was travelling through England at the time.

Air Towel's lyrics will always remind of summertimes in Melbourne - the small good things you stumble upon, just getting lost in the city with a camera and a roll of film.

Always Loved a Film (Silver Boots) is sitting on a swing in a playground close to my best friend's apartment, catching the first faceful of sunlight in forever during this year's unforgiving winter on a Sunday afternoon tripping like all hell on acid. Watching the trees waving in the wind and singing the lyrics to myself - "I'm a little girl, and I'm a little princess" reminding me that I've still got so much to experience in this world, so many things to discover, so much happiness to find, and that everything would work out fine in the end.

Care to share some of yours?
Old 10-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

Re: barbed-wire kisses, memories go right through us
Listening to all three Riverruns in a row after a nice night out at a seafood restaurant in the middle of winter. The drive home was one of the most peaceful I've ever had - complete with snow starting to fall just as Showlder began. Understandably, I've loved that song ever since.

Last edited by Champiness; 01-05-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

I got Everything Everything before i had any other albums. When I was in Secondary School (High school) I remember the morning of my Final Maths exam... being extremely nervous and worried. MY dad had dropped me off at the gate so I had to walk all the way in, I popped on EE and listened from KOS to Cowgirl straight through... it made me calm and distracted me from the worry of my exam.. I remember just ignoring everyone, all my friends and teachers and just sitting there waiting for the time to go into the exam hall... hearing the climax to Rez/cow and feeling happy.

... i aced that exam.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:31 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

8 Ball reminds me of a movie called the Beach

Peggy Sussed reminds me of a movie called Sunshine

Born Slippy Nuxx reminds me of a movie called Trainspotting

Oh reminds me of a movie called a Life Less Ordinary

Moaner reminds me of a movie called Batman and Robin

Pearls Girl reminds me of a movie called the Saint

Cowgirl reminds me of a movie called Hackers

Rez reminds me of a movie called Vanilla Sky

Doot Doot reminds me of a movie called Vanilla Sky

Breaking and Entering reminds me of a movie called Breaking and Entering

I've always loved a film!

Last edited by the mongoose; 10-08-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:57 AM
gingerorb
river

whistling wind in the ears while climbing crags always reminds of mmm... skyscraper...
rises the spirit greatly.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Flywaver
vision

Driving Trains into Liverpool Street. There's enough quotes on journey past Bethnal Green!
In 2002 I had a suicide. Funnily enough i had Two Months Off....