Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

  Dirty Forums > underworld.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-12-2019, 02:47 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 4,422
DRIFT Series 2 speculation
"Did any of us ever seriously think there wouldn’t be a DRIFT series 2…?" - Karl

"It’s madness isn’t it?... We’ll do this together until we’re dust" - Rick

----------------

Songs we didn't get in Series 1:

Your Damage
Two Arrows
More Necks collabs
More ō collabs
  #2  
Old 09-12-2019, 05:57 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 913
Re: DRIFT Series 2 speculation
i'm just gonna say it...5 Points for SURE will be on this one
  #3  
Old 09-12-2019, 08:56 AM
negative1
-1
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: east coast usa
Posts: 2,124
Re: DRIFT Series 2 speculation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
i'm just gonna say it...5 Points for SURE will be on this one
too soon.

later
-1
  #4  
Old 09-12-2019, 12:14 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,493
Re: DRIFT Series 2 speculation
felt like EP5 was a limp to the finish with a lot of undercooked tracks and what-could've-beens. I'm... not excited for a series 2 to happen so soon?

Last edited by dubman; 09-12-2019 at 12:17 PM.
  #5  
Old 09-12-2019, 12:21 PM
khouri
khondo dweller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 535
Re: DRIFT Series 2 speculation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman View Post
felt like EP5 was a limp to the finish with a lot of undercooked tracks and what-could've-beens. I'm... not excited for a series 2 to happen so soon?
For better or for worse, Underworld are plainly more interested in the process than the results. As artists that's their prerogative, but as commercial artists it's certainly a roll of the dice.
  #6  
Old 09-12-2019, 12:34 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,493
Re: DRIFT Series 2 speculation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Songs we didn't get in Series 1:

Two Arrows
that'll be on CD5

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
For better or for worse, Underworld are plainly more interested in the process than the results. As artists that's their prerogative, but as commercial artists it's certainly a roll of the dice.
maybe it'll break through into something new/different, but I'm more apprehensive than anything else.
I've kept going on creative energy that's been spent before I admitted it, it's not pretty!

Last edited by dubman; 09-12-2019 at 12:36 PM.
  #7  
Old 09-13-2019, 08:49 AM
purlieu
enofa
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 436
Re: DRIFT Series 2 speculation
Do we have a date for this? There's already a seven week gap between S T A R and the album itself, and if they leave a little bit of a buffer after the album is out it would mean they had two months off (ahem), hopefully a nice recharge.

I agree that Episode 5 felt a bit limp in comparison to the earlier ones - although the presence of half of it on the sampler suggests the band are less critical of it. Hopefully they'll have time enough to get into a groove to kick series 2 off, though.

I'm guessing this means we'll be getting another expensive boxset to purchase at the end of next year - I was hoping for the AHDO box next year, too.
  #8  
Old 09-13-2019, 12:07 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 4,422
Re: DRIFT Series 2 speculation
Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
Do we have a date for this? There's already a seven week gap between S T A R and the album itself, and if they leave a little bit of a buffer after the album is out it would mean they had two months off (ahem), hopefully a nice recharge.
No clue yet. The remaining weeks here should be filled with World of Underworld releases.

They do like to take a break around Christmastime, so I would not expect anything before the new year. And even then, who could blame them for taking a few more months? Also, we don't know yet if they're going to do any extensive touring for the release of Series 1, which could impact when they start Series 2.
  #9  
Old 09-13-2019, 01:57 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,493
Re: DRIFT Series 2 speculation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Also, we don't know yet if they're going to do any extensive touring for the release of Series 1, which could impact when they start Series 2.
I think this is the second time I'm doing this to you but I'm not trying to be a dick I swear

Quote:
Underworld will perform several shows this November and December around the album release, including a performance at Londonís Wembley Arena on December 7th. Tickets are on sale now. The band will tour more extensively next spring
  #10  
Old 09-13-2019, 03:02 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 4,422
Re: DRIFT Series 2 speculation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman View Post
I think this is the second time I'm doing this to you but I'm not trying to be a dick I swear
Quote:
The band will tour more extensively next spring
Nice, I had not seen that!
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...1-star-883355/
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.