Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Deckard
issue 37

TV: Planet Earth
Wow. Quite simply the best wildlife programme I've ever seen. Great to see technology being harnessed so superbly to capture such rarely seen creatures, places and activities.

Looking forward to the remaining programmes in the series.

The site is here....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/planetearth/

US dirts... keep your eyes peeled on BBC America in case it turns up there, it's well worth catching.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:27 PM
ceramic'cow
mouseman

Re: TV: Planet Earth
David Attenborough is my God. You have no idea how much i worship that man! That was the most incredible show. It doesn't look like it's going to be breaking much new ground, apart from the hi-tech heli-cam thing, but it was just so beautifully shot and put together, and i think the vast scope of the show could let it run for months and months without running out of steam, so its 12 (i think) episode run should be absolutely crammed with incredible footage.

I can't wait for the DVDs!
Old 03-06-2006, 02:34 PM
votingfloater
waukrife

It looks gorgeous. I missed this but it's repeated on BBC2 I see...
Old 03-07-2006, 04:14 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceramic'cow
David Attenborough is my God.
i think he's an atheist anyways i love his shows too, life in the undergrowth was worth the licence fee alone

the slow-mo of the great white in mid-air with the seal between its jaws was a true jaw-dropping moment & worth a million of those crappy shark docs on 5
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:50 PM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger
i think he's an atheist anyways i love his shows too, life in the undergrowth was worth the licence fee alone

the slow-mo of the great white in mid-air with the seal between its jaws was a true jaw-dropping moment & worth a million of those crappy shark docs on 5
yep, that was abso-lute-ley unbelievable wildlife filming, stunning...

and well what about those polar bears...ahhh...

I was also sad about those Leopards, 40 left in the world...its such a shame...our environment dying before our eyes

still its great that this is brought to our attention via such stunning television, and outside of the Discovery Channel, the BBC is still the master of this kind of thing

can't wait for next weeks instalment
Old 03-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Can't wait to see this in the states. I still watch my Blue Planet dvds every few weeks.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:45 PM
votingfloater
waukrife

I'm actually a little disappointed by these. The footage is stunning, but it's a bit light on information. There are big gaps padded out with a fly-past and some wishy-washy music. I got bored with the "mountains" one, and would have switched off if the red panda footage hadn't come up.

It's all a bit "Aw, look, cute" or "They must have waited months to get this footage". All a bit nebulous. That's not what I want, but it does the grand scale "Isn't Earth amazing" thing pretty well, I suppose.

As for Big Dave, I think his talent lay in getting in front of the camera and explaining things in a really engaging way. He was right there, involved in things, and his enthusiasm for the subject really came across. When you just have the voiceover it's not the same.

Get Simon King in there, or Aubrey Manning... whoever. But get them in front of the camera armed with plenty of information. Then I'd be happy.

What do you reckon? Is it a bit light, or is just right as a kind of dip-into-a-wide-range-of-things programme?
Old 03-13-2006, 03:42 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

i think i agree with you vf, its certainly info light, but i don't think that's what they were aiming for with this, its all about the views, vistas and landscapes, and stunning shots, and not too much about the goings on inbetween.

its just more amazing to think that on our tiny planet that there are so many different extremes and the fact that species strive to live at every single one of them...

its sole aim, i believe is so that you sit there and go wow, but not because you learnt anything, but because you are impressed by the sight of it all..

i mean that whole shark shot in episode 1, was 'WOW'...but it came with very little info, and it really didn't need it...

perhaps they blew most of the budget on camera work and couldn't afford to do any research
Old 03-13-2006, 06:40 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by votingfloater
As for Big Dave, I think his talent lay in getting in front of the camera and explaining things in a really engaging way. He was right there, involved in things, and his enthusiasm for the subject really came across. When you just have the voiceover it's not the same.
bit harsh, i felt the pictures spoke for themselves and at his age he's past 3 yr long expiditions to some of the most inhospitable places on earth
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:10 AM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Send a message via AIM to GreenPea
David Attenborough is the man. I had a book by him based on Blue Planet as a kid. I'll just say it open my eyes. Stuff like this is as close as I get to be an 'spiritual' person :P