Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > process.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:42 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

so... I've got someone that wants some of my pieces
but this is all sort of odd...

so, someone sent me a message on facebook (copied below)

"how have you been?? I really like your artwork... any chance I could get a piece for myself?? My roommate moved out so I got a giant wall of nothing at the moment. Hopefully one of your pieces will be up there at some point!!!"

but - I can't really tell if she wants to buy any of the pieces that I've got displayed in one of my 'photo albums' or just have one of them... so how would you recommend that I navigate through this? I mean - I'd rather not have to pay to ship my piece or whatever...

and it's like... this isn't someone that I'm familiar enough with where I'd just give them something as a gift
Old 03-06-2007, 12:38 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Re: so... I've got someone that wants some of my pieces
Hmmm...

There seems to be two ways of dealing with this.

Either you offer to sell it to her for a reasonable price (and it is always best to say something like "well normally I sell these for $x but seeing as it is you, you can pay half"

Or alternatively you use her as a marketing tool. You can offer to send her one for free as long as she will pay the postage, on condition that she let you have a list of email addresses of people she knows that would also be interested in them - then email them with a few examples of what you do at some really good prices.

I have no idea whether you sell your stuff as unique, one off pieces, or if you sell them as prints. Maybe you could make it more interesting by selling them as signed, numbered prints. In other words, limit the number of each piece to, say, 100 and sign and number each on 1/100, 2/100 etc so that people realise that they are getting something that may not always be available too, and whilst not being a "one off" unique piece, it still has that cachet about it.

Dunno if any of this is of any help, but it is how I would approach it if it were me.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Techno_Bunny
born012

Re: so... I've got someone that wants some of my pieces
[COLOR=Indigo]you can mail him and ask in which piace in particular this person is interested?
and then when you know, name your price + shipping costs

don't forget to make photos before you ship it off

[/COLOR]