Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2008, 12:54 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: collectors' corner
deckard236, I recommend you use Max to rip the CD:

http://sbooth.org/Max/

Go to the Preferences, and under the "Formats" section add "FLAC" as a format and check the checkbox. Under the "Ripper" section, change it to "cdparanoia". Then, insert your CD and rip the tracks. The rip will probably end up in your "Music" folder.

Then, as BrotherLovesDub suggests, Transmission is the best torrent client on the Mac. Do you need help with how to make and upload a torrent?
Old 10-04-2008, 01:39 PM
deckard236
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
deckard236, I recommend you use Max to rip the CD:

http://sbooth.org/Max/

Go to the Preferences, and under the "Formats" section add "FLAC" as a format and check the checkbox. Under the "Ripper" section, change it to "cdparanoia". Then, insert your CD and rip the tracks. The rip will probably end up in your "Music" folder.

Then, as BrotherLovesDub suggests, Transmission is the best torrent client on the Mac. Do you need help with how to make and upload a torrent?
Yes please
Old 10-04-2008, 03:45 PM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Ring Road promo single
http://cgi.ebay.de/Ring-Road-by-Unde...713.m153.l1262

This seems to be the PIAS promo with cover art and jewel case, that went for 30€+ the last few times. I ordered it and will report if this is the case.
as much as i dont like the mixes, i'll go for it also,
for a collectors point of view..

thanks for the heads up..

later
Old 10-04-2008, 04:50 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

1. First you need to generate the torrent file. In Transmission, go to File and choose "Create Torrent File". Select the FOLDER of all the audio files. Then, in the Trackers field, put in the announce URL for the tracker (in this case, http://tracker.rtsr.net/announce.php). Then click "Create". The .torrent file will be created (probably on your desktop).

2. Now, you need to upload the torrent to the tracker. Go to http://tracker.rtsr.net/torrents-upload.php Fill out the form, including the .torrent file you just generated.

3. Now, you'll need to re-download the torrent file. There will be a link to do so on the webpage. Double-click the newly downloaded .torrent file to open it in Transmission. In Transmission, point the download location to the FOLDER containing the audio files, and then click "Add". It should now verify the files, and after a few seconds, it will start "Seeding" the files. That is, the progress bar will be solid green. Now, just leave Transmission running. People will be able to download the files from you, so long as you are seeding it.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Jan
vision

The torrent is on! *drools*

@deckard236: I see you as a peer with 0.0% downloaded, have you done step 3 above?
uw#0523
Old 10-05-2008, 10:17 AM
deckard236
river

Quote:
The torrent is on! *drools*

@deckard236: I see you as a peer with 0.0% downloaded, have you done step 3 above?
Yes I have, but I seem to be having trouble. The files never verified, and nothing's happening. I have retried it 5 times with the same results. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Jan
vision

I don't have a Mac, but I found this (maybe it helps):
Quote:
Common problems
When I upload a torrent, and re-download it to seed, the progress stays at 0% and tries to download instead of seed.
Make sure your download location is set to where the files are located. So for example if you have MP3 files located in "X:/Torrents/My Torrent/" go to Transmission>Preferences>Transfers, and set the "Download to:" location to "X:/Torrents/." Or you can set it to "Same as torrent file" if your torrent will be in the same location as the .torrent file (Ex: If your .torrent file is on the Desktop, your folder of MP3s or whatever you are trying to seed must be on the desktop), or set it to "Always ask me" if you want to choose the location for yourself every time you import a torrent.

edit: It works now, great!
uw#0523

Last edited by Jan; 10-05-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:32 AM
deckard236
river

Quote:
I don't have a Mac, but I found this (maybe it helps):
OK it seems to be working, thanks for everyone's help on this, fun learning experience. Looking forward to hearing what you guys think of these tracks.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:34 AM
mark3
pants

Thanks so much for sharing these tracks, deckard236.
There are clearly elements from Tongue, Skyscraper and Bigmouth in these tracks. Lovely stuff (even if I understand why they didn't make it to Dubno).
Old 10-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Jan
vision

These tracks are awesome...! Thank you deckard236! You are holding a piece of history in your hands...

To me it sounds like The Hump / Mother Earth, Karl's MK1 style vocals + Rick's Lemon Interupt style beats & pads.
Is that Karl doing the Eclipse vocals in Organ? hehe...

One question: If I want to assemble the whole album, do I take the tracklist you posted earlier? Because in the torrent Can U Feel Me is track number 2 and not 9.
uw#0523