Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:30 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

2016-04-13 Fox Theater - Pomona, CA
The band just posted on Facebook and Twitter that they are playing at the Fox Theater in Pomona, CA on Wednesday, April 13th.

https://twitter.com/underworldlive/s...13542899118080

Ticket link here:
http://www.axs.com/events/306438/und...form=hootsuite

Says tickets starts at $34.50 and are on sale Friday, January 29th at 12:00 PST.

-Jason
Old 01-25-2016, 01:34 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Just announced: Underworld @ Fox Theater, Pomona, CA, April 13th
Yes!

I'm surprised they're allowed to play a gig so close to Coachella.

Edit: I see now this is part of "Localchella"

Capacity of the Fox Theatre is 2000, so it's a medium-sized theatre.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:35 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

I just purchased tickets. Looks like every ticket is the same price. The seating map 3 sections: a GA standing floor, Reserved Loge, and a GA Balcony. Including fees it's $45 per ticket.

Jason

Last edited by Troy McClure; 01-29-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:09 PM
darktrain
powered by robuts

And the Loge/Balcony were gone immediately! See you dirties on the floor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
I'm signed in to the AXS waiting room for the public sale starting at 12.00pm PST. Looks like every ticket is the same price. It showing 3 sections: a GA standing floor, Reserved Loge, and a GA Balcony. Including fees it's $45 per ticket.

Jason
Old 01-29-2016, 12:13 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrain View Post
And the Loge/Balcony were gone immediately! See you dirties on the floor!
Right on! I'll be there on the floor, too.

Jason
Old 01-29-2016, 12:33 PM
svirfnebli
river

First time poster here.. Just got Row A in the Reserved Loge left!. Super excited the see UW for the second time in 1 year. Dream come true
Old 02-02-2016, 05:18 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

This made my day. I'll likely be on the floor.

Nope. I'll be there with 2 of my buddies and they opted for the GA balcony, so that's where I'll be.

Last edited by ultradave; 03-18-2016 at 09:51 AM. Reason: balcony...
Old 03-07-2016, 03:44 PM
earthportal
arcticwillows

hey everyone, I was planning on attending this show but it turns out that it makes more sense for my wife and I to go to the April 20th show in NYC. I have two tickets to the Fox Theater show if anyone is interested in purchasing them.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:54 AM
Professor
this is bat country

Send a message via AIM to Professor
I would love to meet some of you local dirts... I'll be there, in the mezz I think.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:53 PM
Rioja
river

Re: 2016-04-13 Fox Theater - Pomona, CA
Okay here goes... The last time I posted in these forums was, I think, 2003. At that time, the site was simply Dirty.org, I believe, and Scott Warner ran it. The boards themselves were collectively known as RTSR. ("Ride the sainted rhythms", of course. Please excuse the ignorance, but is Warner still around?)

I don't know if there's anyone still around who would remember this, but there was an RTSR CD compilation made late 2002 with a bunch of the regulars who fancied themselves musicians. I was one of the ones on there, going by "Lifedownstairs" back then with a track called "Romancandle Vox". The peeps that put together the disc were the same ones who did "Bootleg Babies", I think.

And I know this really, really dates me, but I guess the reason I'm rearing my curious head again is that I only somewhat recently discovered that there were some of us still around, as evidenced by the new (at least, new to me) BornDirty boards. And of course this inspired a pleasant reminiscing in me old bonce.

So, yes, I know - long winded. My point here is that I was absolutely thrilled to find that Dr. Smith and Mr. Hyde (and the new Darren, of course) had reserved a night of music at an L.A. theater despite being booked 2 weekends back-to-back in Indio at Coachella. (I tell you, it's indeed a wonderful thing to be a west coast Underworld fan this month.) I've actually seen UW 2 or 3 times at previous Coachellas back when it was just one weekend, but I haven't been to that festival in a while because it's just too damned packed nowadays and -- no offense to anyone -- but I really don't have too much of a desire to be packed like sardines with Guns 'N Roses fans. Again, no offense, but you know I really have a bit of trouble getting past the nastiness (the bad kind of nasty) in a GNR song like "One In A Million". Forgive and forget, yes, I know, but that can be a bit of a challenge in certain cases.

All right already! I know, I know. Ok so I don't know how to say this without sounding a smidge creepy, so here goes. After being a very big fan of UW for about twenty years, I can't help but wonder if Rick or Karl have ever met fans before or after a show. I know they're both very intelligent and fairly private people, but I guess what I'm asking is if those arriving quite early have ever been invited into soundcheck or that kind of thing.

Again, I feel kind of silly asking about this because, of course, I don't know Rick, Karl, or Darren from Adam. I would, however, think it be something to be able to thank them in person for all the years of a world made better by the art they've made. (Both as UW and as part of Tomato.)

You know, I really respect and admire Jason Bentley a lot, and am particularly grateful for him having more than a little something to do with the fact that I -- along with thousands of other fans -- have been able to see UW at the legendary Hollywood Bowl both in 2007 and 2015.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't quite envious of Bentley since he's one of the relative few who have been able to personally express his gratitude to 2 of the very best musicians who have ever graced this globe.

Any thoughts from anyone would be more than welcome, and again, I hope my lack of preference for GNR didn’t offend.

With enormous love for all the Dirts new and old,
Atys.

Last edited by Rioja; 04-02-2016 at 11:56 PM.