Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > technique.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2011, 01:46 AM
stimpee
Administrator

The Dirty League - Fantasy Football/Soccer 11/12 season - Starts 13th Aug 11:30am UK
The football season doesnt start for another couple of weeks, but the fantasy football website has been reset and so i've reregistered, picked my initial (random, computer autogenerated for now) team and created this years Dirty League. In fact, this year it remembered the league, and lots of other things (like my stats from previous seasons), so if youve played before you dont have to do much! The website has been upgraded too and I hope its better than the last...

Code to join this league: 669966-171858

Ill 'be emailing a few of you Technique regulars but it was a good year last year with 17 or so people we got last year (11 the year before!)

You have 100.0 to spend on a squad of 15 players. Your squad must be made up of 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards with no more than 3 players from any Barclays Premier League club. If you dont want to spend time choosing players now, just let it autofill and do it before AUGUST 13th!

Printable list of players is here but its easier from the website because you can sort and filter but here it is: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/player-list/

You can pick your team now, and change it as much as you want without penalty before 13 Aug 11:30 BST which is when Gameweek 1 starts.

Good luck! Barnstoneworth United for the title! (again!) Though I was not the winner last year after a terrible start that I failed to recover from, I hope this year is better. Congrats to my mate Martin who gatecrashed the league and led for a fair chunk of the season. He was almost caught but held out for the win. Last years league thread is https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150558
Old 08-05-2011, 03:20 AM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
Re: The Dirty League - Fantasy Football/Soccer 11/12 season - Starts 13th Aug 11:30am
Right.

Am in - Rude Mechanics FC this season.

System auto-found last years league - I didn't enter league code - so hope it's all the same.

- S. Colbert
Old 08-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Re: The Dirty League - Fantasy Football/Soccer 11/12 season - Starts 13th Aug 11:30am
Aiming for mid-table mediocrity as usual i am in as FC Wizards sleeve
Old 08-11-2011, 12:52 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Just got my team done. BTW, i found this app for iphone: http://www.fplmanager.co.uk/index.html

I tried the http://m.fantasy.premierleague.com link and its not working yet so I may buy this app...

Coming soon

The new mobile version of Fantasy Premier League will be available by the start of the season for last minute changes and checking your points.

and some handy stats to study: http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics
Old 08-14-2011, 01:55 PM
stimpee
Administrator

the fantasy premier league site was down from friday night, and is still not working for some people. From not being available, to not being able to login, to squads being missing. Its not a good start to the season and has ruined gameweek 1. I hope that they zero all the scores for this week and start again for gameweek 2.

For the people who havent joined yet, this is your chance!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:29 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Fantasy Premier League - An Apology
As you may already be aware, many fans trying to access Fantasy Premier League on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning experienced problems logging in or registering teams prior to the Gameweek 1 deadline.

While the demand reached unprecedented levels on Saturday morning, we fell short of the standards you expect from the world’s biggest fantasy football game and make no excuses for what was both a frustrating and disappointing experience ahead of the new season. For this we apologise unreservedly.

Our technical teams worked throughout the weekend to ensure the technical issue that led to the problems experienced by users was dealt with. Work also continues to improve the quality of your experience with additional steps taken in the game itself that enable you to:

1. Receive unlimited transfers
No points will be deducted for any transfers you make up to the Gameweek 2 deadline (11:30 BST on Saturday 20th August 2011). If you made multiple transfers earlier this week, you will not be penalised. If you had opted to play your wildcard, this will be restored to your account once the Gameweek 2 deadline passes.

2. Opt to start mini-league scoring at Gameweek 2
The option is available to all mini-league administrators to start the scoring from Gameweek 2. Go to ‘Leagues’ > ‘League name’ > ‘Administer’ > Select ‘Gameweek 2’ in ‘Scoring Starts’ drop-down menu and click ‘Update league details’.

3. Win a VIP trip to watch Man Utd v Chelsea
The manager of the team that accumulates the most points in Gameweeks 2, 3 & 4 will win a VIP trip for two to watch Man Utd v Chelsea on Sunday 18th September 2011 . The prize includes all transport, two nights’ accommodation, match tickets, pre-match hospitality and £250 spending money. If there is a tie between teams, the team with the fewest transfers between Gameweeks 2-4 will win the trip. In the event of a further tie, the winner will be selected at random.

4. Win a new monthly prize - iPad2
Each monthly winner of Fantasy Premier League 2011/12 will be able to choose between receiving an iPad2 or the current monthly prize (replica shirt, iPod nano & digital camera). The runner-up will then receive whichever prize is not claimed by the monthly winner.

Having monitored many of the comments that have been posted on message boards, via blogs, in forums and on social networks, we hope the following additional points will also help clarify some of the queries raised:

Fantasy Premier League (FPL) is still run by ISM Fantasy Games. The FPL site was redesigned in order to incorporate new features and in order to maintain consistency with the next version of the Premier League's official site. The problems experienced on Saturday are not related to the new look nor are they the fault of ISM Fantasy Games.
EA SPORTS sponsor the official match statistics across the Premier League website and were not involved in the rebuild of this season's Fantasy Premier League game nor responsible in any way for the issues suffered by users over the weekend.

The login/registration system had to be upgraded during the summer - this service is delivered by a new third party provider and is the most significant change from previous seasons.
The live updates will be functioning for Gameweek 2.
All league standings will be updated after each points update as per previous seasons. The single update for Gameweek 1 was an isolated case.

If you have problems logging in, please try resetting your password by entering your email address on this page: https://users.premierleague.com/PremierUser/login/reset_password.html You’ll be emailed a new password to use that you can change to something more memorable once youve logged in by visiting ‘My Account’. If you are not receiving the password reminder, please check your Junk folder in your email inbox and add noreply@send.premierleague.com to your Mailing List to ensure that the email arrives in your inbox.

Regards,

Premier League Customer Services
Old 05-14-2012, 12:09 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Final positions:

# Team Manager GW TOT ?
1 ??·?· ???????? Daniel Nunes 55 2,064
2 BarnstoneworthUnited Steve Rhodes 36 1,920
3 Aimless Wanderers Andrew Robinson 37 1,916
4 GupGup Gulup FC Elasius Marubin 57 1,908
5 Cagey Cretins David Hintz 35 1,877
6 Twitter Gobsh1tes Fraser McKenzie 51 1,815
7 aardvark f.c Martin Coles 31 1,747
8 The Diamond Ducks Matthew Valentine 21 1,740
9 dream team steve austin 49 1,727
10 Naruto_vS_pAiN PaiN_vS_NaRuto Fcz 58 1,717
11 FC Stottie ian nuttney 42 1,708
12 Stajon Scott Starks 48 1,688
13 darrens bhoys darren galvin 34 1,678
14 Liverpool FC Helena Galvin 45 1,658
15 leeds james t 30 1,645
16 Sheffield Wednesday andrew moran 27 1,639
17 Bully's Babes Lee Dorsett 34 1,588
18 FC Wizards sleeve Roger Naylor 17 1,428
19 Rude Mechanics FC Tim Kong 22 1,394

I managed a very respectable 2nd place in the league this year. Hats off to Daniel for winning the league!