Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2010, 06:00 AM
lowbit
future pundit

I'm a Big Sister, & I'm a Girl, & I'm a Princess and This Is My Horse - Corrupt WAV
Last April I was very excited to see they were offering lossless CD-quality WAV versions of the Riverrun suite (possibly my favorite UW), and purchased them all immediately. About two months ago I discovered that all of my copies of the I'm a Big Sister WAV file I downloaded are truncated, missing most of Wedge and all of 11 Hundred Hz.

I tried using the purchase code to re-download the file. ("Sorry, that purchase code is not recognised".)

I repeatedly tried contacting Digital Animal, as indicated on the underworldlive.com site. (No answer.)

I tried emailing sales@underworldlive.com several times, which finally resulted in this response, from Anis:
Quote:
Im so sorry you have not received your order yet. The Lemonworld elves have packed it up and it is now in the post winging its way to you now.
You will receive it soon! Unfortunately there was been mail strikes across europe which has delayed a lot of orders.
I guess this could possibly mean they're snail mailing me a physical CD copy of the music, but that seems extremely unlikely, particularly since my shipping address was not entered as part of the order , so I emailed again and finally got this back from Hezzy:
Quote:
I will email your paypal over to the download guy now to get you a new download code. He should get back to me by Monday, and so, I will get back to you.
That was two weeks ago, and nothing since. I emailed again, but again no answer. And Big Sister is no longer in my downloads list on the UW shop, having now been replaced by a second listing of Lovely Broken Thing.

So...can anyone help me dig up a complete copy of the I'm a Big Sister WAV file? Even the last 100MB (or whatever, my file is 237MB) and the exact size of the file would do it, as I can splice the files together if needed.

Last edited by lowbit; 10-15-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:02 PM
lowbit
future pundit

Re: Big Sister Wave
No response from further emails to underworldlive.

This is why not to buy digital versions. :|
Old 10-21-2010, 03:33 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbit View Post
And Big Sister is no longer in my downloads list on the UW shop, having now been replaced by a second listing of Lovely Broken Thing.
Looks like they put the wrong one in there...
Old 10-21-2010, 08:17 PM
lowbit
future pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Looks like they put the wrong one in there...
Yeah, though I'm not sure it makes a difference here, as it looks like those links appear to be for the MP3 versions.

Am I the only one who bought the WAV version of I'm a Big Sister?
Old 10-22-2010, 04:30 AM
industri_studios
mouseman

Funny - i finally broke down and bought Lovely Broken and Pizza For a couple weeks ago, but don't remember if I bought Sister... and I have only listened to Broken as a lossless file so far...

Let me check and get back to the Forum (in case all files are broken)...
Old 10-22-2010, 08:18 AM
lowbit
future pundit

Hopefully either someone has an intact copy they're willing to share part of, or the lemonworld elves finally decide to respond.

It's surprising how much of a difference the lossless version makes, particularly in the quieter parts. When I first heard Food a Ready from the WAV it felt like someone'd just taken the cotton out of my ears.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:09 AM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbit View Post
This is why not to buy digital versions. :|
Simple solution. Next time, Back up.

I'll have to look into my collection and see what file I have. I know I purchased it, just can't remember what format... Big Sister is my favourite of the RiverRun mixes, but the Misterons Mix is also too!

Last edited by ultradave; 10-22-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: sister.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:16 PM
lowbit
future pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradave View Post
Simple solution. Next time, Back up.
I did back up -- that's why it took me months to figure out the problem. I thought I'd just somehow managed to muck up the file when copying it, but when I finally got around to digging out the system backup with the folder containing the original download, I discovered that that was truncated as well.

The beauty of buying an actual CD is that once its in your hands its relatively easy to quickly ascertain whether you got what you paid for.