Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 01:36 AM
thee carp dreamer
done up like a kipper

von sudenfed - tromatic reflexxxions
even though mes is a coked out aging hipster, mouse on mars have really fuckin hit the mark with this lp. seriously. check it out!
mes does sound like he's just shouting any random shite into a mic though.....also his comments about lcd soundsystem ripping off the first track on this lp are a bit of a joke, even if james murphy does sound a lot like them.....i mean "losing my edge" was written in 2003, "fledermaus can't get it" was written in 2007....
i digress. czech this lp out!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:12 AM
Scott Warner
delicious candy taster

Send a message via AIM to Scott Warner
Re: von sudenfed - tromatic reflexxxions
I agree. This is the first thing Mark E. Smith involved thing I've actually enjoyed in about 16 years.

There's a few tracks in the Dirtyradio library.

I'm not sure the LCD thing was "ripping" Smith off so much as paying blatant homage to him but naturally he's going to respond that way.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:20 AM
thee carp dreamer
done up like a kipper

Re: von sudenfed - tromatic reflexxxions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Warner
I'm not sure the LCD thing was "ripping" Smith off so much as paying blatant homage to him but naturally he's going to respond that way.
yea, but in the interview i read, he mentioned that he went into a record shop about a year ago and heard "losing my edge" and said that the drumbeats and bassline was a direct rip-off of the first track on this lp.....which is a bit bullshit, but then again, "movement" actually is a direct rip-off of the fall...i asked james murphy about it and his response was "you can't get mad with mes".....anyway, whatever. great lp. it's prob gonna be in my top 10 of the year.