Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:19 AM
stimpee
Administrator

just the little clowny boy singing live, so what are the other two guys doing really?
(discovered by lloyd) from: http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...d.php?p=527986

Re: Underworld in NYC 09-14-2007 report
Thansk for the review mate, but I have a question intriguining me , I ve seen underworld two years ago in Zurich and the show was unbelivable , BUT why the hype about their shows, they dont mix songs in tooo each other , its just the little clowny boy singing live, so what are the other two guys doing really?

---

he's a waste of time that clowny boy. and those other two guys were just plain lazy in central park. they didnt do anything. i dont get the hype. very intriguining.

Last edited by stimpee; 09-17-2007 at 03:24 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:16 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: just the little clowny boy singing live, so what are the other two guys doing rea
I can't be sure of this, but I have my suspicions that during Rowla both Rick and Darren pressed one button each, then headed over to the Beer Ticket line. I heard they got back on stage just in time as the lines were long and the song was about to end. Little Clowny Boy was holding their spots on the actual Beer line. Talk about a close one!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:07 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Re: just the little clowny boy singing live, so what are the other two guys doing rea
its just press and play isn't it?

i suspect clown boy mimes as well....

turn up mime for two hours take cash and count it in the 5* suite afterwards...

next stop - Eurovision...
Old 09-17-2007, 07:34 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Re: just the little clowny boy singing live, so what are the other two guys doing really?
the second night in SF, Rick used his left ring finger to trigger all the beats and clown boy just lipsynced all the words!

are the rumors of Britney opening the UK dates true??????
Old 09-17-2007, 08:05 AM
Abo@DJB
LONG AND DARK

Re: just the little clowny boy singing live, so what are the other two guys doing really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub
..... are the rumors of Britney opening the UK dates true??????
Well ... not complete true ...

She's also going to perform a strip-act on "Cowgirl"

Last edited by Abo@DJB; 09-17-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:49 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

I don't see why Underworld bothers to use that big screen. The images are moving so fast that I can't even tell whats on them. Like on Pearl's Girl, it was going so fast I couldn't even read it.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:26 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

all those boards they pretend to play is really just a clever disguise for ricks hidden and shameful secret: he loves macaroni and cheese.

it's actually really elaborate. they hire a whole panel of set designers to intricately mimic the knobs and things of Nord Leads, 909s, Korgs and the rest of their vast array of "instruments", and they painstakingly construct a paper mache facsimile so that rick can secretly duck his hands underneath and let his long alien fingers muck around in mac and cheese for 2 hours.

it's gotten so bad that poor darren price was hired purely because rick, getting old and cranky, wanted to stop pushing the single play button altogether, and even briefly considered setting up a mic so that the audience could hear him "jam" with the stickly wet sounds of his fingers swimming in mac and cheese. "what?" he asked, "i love it, and they're fans right? it's only honest, and i'll enjoy myself a lot more instead of hearing this silly thumpity-bump stuffs." fellow bandmate karl almost relented, until the tour crew flatly refused to accept that a bulk of their load would come from the weight of ceramic bowls and boxes of dried noodles.
darren doesnt even know what he's doing up there, just random shuffling about while trying to hide his embarassment at ricks obviously fetishistic enjoyment of his many bowls of cheesy noodles.
those thumbs up at the end of each show? look closely. i have. even though he tricked to lick it all off, those spaces on each end of the fingernails are packed with gooey cheese. i told fellow concert-goer dc_04 to get some video of THAT but he called me a faggot and tried to sic security on me for telling him i was 21 so he could buy me a drink.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:42 AM
stimpee
Administrator

This is by the way on the John Digweed forums it seems, a man who makes a living by playing other people's records whilst bearing the weight of a large helmet of hair. Sometimes people die of boredom.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Jason Roth
The Vice President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo@DJB
She's also going to perform a strip-act on "Cowgirl"
NICE!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:04 AM
TomTom
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
(discovered by lloyd) from: http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...d.php?p=527986

Re: Underworld in NYC 09-14-2007 report
Thansk for the review mate, but I have a question intriguining me , I ve seen underworld two years ago in Zurich and the show was unbelivable , BUT why the hype about their shows, they dont mix songs in tooo each other , its just the little clowny boy singing live, so what are the other two guys doing really?

---

he's a waste of time that clowny boy. and those other two guys were just plain lazy in central park. they didnt do anything. i dont get the hype. very intriguining.
The quoted message board is run and owned from my mate Kamal and myself. I hope it is not on the hate list here now. I saw this post as well today and thought it is disrespectful but so are many hasty written careless posts. If your heart does not beat for something and you have no clue what acts like Underworld or other bands do when they play live you ask such questions I guess. But ignorance is everywhere and thinking a DJ makes it to the top because he can push a few buttons is as clueless as asking why Underworld are not mixing the tracks into each other during a live show at least.