Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 03:16 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Underworldlive.com version 3.5 thread
Care to post the e-mail? Some of us don't get it.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:14 PM
unwound floors
power before passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
the email today said there was a free download on christmas day...i logged into uwlive but didn't see any info about it...anyone else know???
I'm assuming it's a surprise until then...
Old 12-18-2010, 03:43 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Seasons greetings from sunny (read: freezing) Essex. Here’s hoping you’re ready for an intense period of over-indulgence and excess TV watching. Wanted to give a quick end-of-year round up and point you in the direction of a few things you may be interested in…

First of all, we wanted to thank everyone who has bought the album, the singles, gig tickets, t-shirts, whatever-Underworld-related-thing this year. We couldn’t survive without you so its massively appreciated, as always. We owe you a beer/coffee/tipple of your choice. In lieu of said drink offer, Underworld will be offering an exclusive free download on Christmas Day. Visit the site and log in to your account (or sign up) for details of how to download the track.

Also, if you’re thinking of buying more from us – a fine thought – orders received on or after 20th December may not be dispatched until the New Year. T-shirts, as worn by the band, are unavailable anywhere else and are perfect for anyone either planning escape from the British weather (equally good for those dreaming of escape).

A few bits of news about Underworld activity in 2011…

We’re all ridiculously excited about remixing ‘Good Day Today’ by the one and only David Lynch. The mixes will see the light of day digitally on January 24th and on CD and vinyl on January 31st. The legendary Vaughn Oliver has provided the artwork and it’s a thing of extreme beauty.

When the band were in the States back in the Autumn, they recorded and filmed a live session with Jason Bentley for KCRW. It’s going to be aired in January and an interview – we’ll put details on the site as soon as we get a transmission date. Fuji TV also filmed one of the Japanese live shows, we’re hoping to be able to bring you some snippets via the website in the early part of 2011.

Gigs wise, Underworld are currently scheduling in festival appearances for the summer – including a headline show at Sonar in Barcelona. The festival runs from June 16-18 – check their site http://2010.sonar.es/en/noticies.php?id=113&page=1&year= for more information. More shows will be confirmed early in the New Year.

Finally, Underworld have recently confirmed that they are providing music and sound score for Danny Boyle’s production of Frankenstein which plays at the National Theatre in London between February and April 2011. The play features Sherlock Holmes star Benedict Cumberbatch and Trainspotting’s Jonny Lee Miller who will alternate the roles of Victor Frankenstein and the Creature. We’ll be talking a lot more about this in the New Year – rest assured that Rick and Karl are having a lot of fun with Danny and the NT team… this is going to be absolutely brilliant – tickets are available but selling very very fast via the National Theatre’s website https://ticketing.nationaltheatre.org.uk/production.aspx?performanceNumber=16547

So, with all that in mind, we’re off until the New Year. Hope you have a truly great Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Love

Underworld and their helpers

---
Please let the free song be Bamboo.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:01 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Yep, it's been a busy year - nice note of thanks from the band. Looking forward to the Christmas download. Thank you, Underworld, for being so productive and generous!

Still, i kind of miss the semitraditional end-of-year dirtyradio live broadcast from the Lemon. Those were always excellent. Fond memories of tuning in at school in NY on snowy December afternoons, listening to the sounds of nightime in Essex.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Andrea
light at heart

"Good evening, everybody this is Essex (it´s Essex it´s Essex)
It is dark but it is light on the inside
You are going to hear the zounds... the zounds of prise/price"

I miss the ive broadcasts too...

Last edited by Andrea; 12-18-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:06 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

Just wondering if anyone can help me out here...

Since the site updated recently I havnt been able to watch the Oakland show in the "Audio/Video" section under broadcasts : http://underworldlive.com/broadcast.asp

The link to watch it directs to this addy but it is invalid according to Quicktime.. does anyone else have the same problem and or is there an alternative address i can use?
http://qtunderworldlive.edgeboss.net...rld/uw_ref.mov

I know there is probably/is definitely a download available on the Boards of trade but i just want to watch the stream here in college... any help appreciated!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Andrea
light at heart

http://qtunderworld.edgeboss.net/dow...rld/uw_ref.mov

Enjoy!
Old 12-20-2010, 10:32 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
thats the same address.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Oh cool... well clearly it was just not working on my university connection because it is working for me at home here now. Nice one!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:24 PM
unwound floors
power before passion.

Funny... I have the opposite problem! Works fine at uni, where the internet is slow, but at home, no dice. Curious. Cheers, guys!