Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:11 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Re: New Order UK Tour
shame if you don't see them at a proper venue, instead of a festival. the sets/atmosphere at a club are much better than the shit, 1hr set you'll get at Glastonbury.

anyway, i got the recording of Blackpool, good audience recording, band in top form, great spirits. added 3 songs to the set list this tour: These Days (Joy Division), Who's Joe and Guilt Is A Useless Emotion. Also now playing the Perfect Kiss/Blue Monday segue. New Order have 1 album left in them and possible 1 or 2 more short tours. that's my guess anyway. see them while you can.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:19 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Gig Report:

excellent gig - better than the last time i saw them at Wembley in 1989...

A kinda weird JD start really, pay to see New Order get 5 JD tracks in your face straight away... I'm basically a New Order fan and want to see New Order songs - i like JD but was never into them and as such rather they stopped playing so many JD songs in their sets (even if they are well performed and do go down well) and i like she's lost, transmission, atmosphere...i know its the roots of New Order...but i kinda always feel let down when they play 5 JD tracks, 1 or 2 yeah ok, but 5

anyhow...

a good accomplished set, but probably not as good as Brixton last time out...

although I was pleased to hear GIAUE, and obviously True Faith, Love Vig, Perfect Kiss / BM medely... and Temptation is the best song ever written ever ever...

'Turn' went down like a lead balloon in the encore though, and Barney retorted (when no fans cheered its arrival) that its a good song and to get used to it...!

it is a good song, but playing it at the sacrifice of something else was probably why people were disappointed, and its certainly no encore track...

tbh, as good as NO were i still have a couple of gripes, apart from the ones already pointed out above:

that tracks like Guilt & Crystal could benefit from a backing vocalist which they have used in the past... (unlike the pre-programmed vocal track that they used instead)... was it a cost cutting exercise...?

Tbh, if the track has session singers on it on the album why not employ them live... its so much better that way... eh?

and also i kinda feel that NO were going through the motions a bit... playing what they know and like, rather than stretching themselves anymore...

i think biz hit the nail on the head there might not be many more tours after this one....

one more 'goingthrough the motions album' with some killer and some filler and maybe one or two more tours....

still the boys did perform well and sounded great... not really as disappointed as i have made out above, just getting old and moany really - i still had a fucking great time, and have probably seen NO more than UW now!!!

... see my NO top ten thread....

Matt
Old 10-28-2006, 04:20 PM
stimpee
Administrator

If its 50euros in Amsterdam i certainly wont be going. Thats way too much. NO arent madonna.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:31 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
If its 50euros in Amsterdam i certainly wont be going. Thats way too much. NO arent madonna.
yeah thats about what it was here... £35 (its a lot really) for basically was the same type of show they did at Brixton for about £10 less...
Old 10-30-2006, 11:46 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

oh you moaning bastards! count your lucky stars. it would cost that plus a plane ticket for an American to see them. all this moaning!

in the end, what diff. does 10 pounds make? 5 euros? you can't put a price on it. there will come a day when you will say, "i'd pay a hundred bucks to see newOrder one more time" but it won't be possible.

i'd pay 50 USD to see them play Ceremony and Temptation then leave the stage.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

I saw them at wolverhampton civic hall last night and it was one of the top ten gigs i,ve seen - they were fuckin great well worth £32.50 of my money any day.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:33 PM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub
oh you moaning bastards! count your lucky stars. it would cost that plus a plane ticket for an American to see them. all this moaning!

in the end, what diff. does 10 pounds make? 5 euros? you can't put a price on it. there will come a day when you will say, "i'd pay a hundred bucks to see newOrder one more time" but it won't be possible.

i'd pay 50 USD to see them play Ceremony and Temptation then leave the stage.
oh i'm not moaning as i'd pay anything to see them perform...

if it was £50 - £75 i'd have paid it....

as it turned out i probably spent £100 all in after buying a bootleg track top too... (that was only £15 - its quite nice too)

so yeah no moaning from me really...just getting old and fussy...

and as much as it sounded like moaning - i had some gripes - i REALLY did enjoy myself