Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 04-03-2022, 05:21 AM
Bestbass42
river

''Oh Anna''
Did Underworld ever record the track 'Oh Anna' which was originally recorded by John Martyn? Apparently it was on their Myspace page many years ago but hasnt appeared anywhere since. 'Oh' is a different track.
Old 04-03-2022, 01:47 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: ''Oh Anna''
So, I looked into this, and it looks like what the deal was is that Karl was obsessed with an unreleased live version of "Anna" by John Martyn.

He talked about it on his diary here one day.

And then he played it in several DJ radio shows that he hosted, including one in 2005, and this one in 2012.

If it appeared at some point on their MySpace also, it was probably that same track because of his obsession with it.
Old 04-11-2022, 08:41 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

they also had the track "Oh" from A Life Less Ordinary, so its possible that gets all jumbled up in there too.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:04 PM
Yannick
Mew Mew

Hi there,

back in 2005 while living in Chicago a good friend of mine brought to me of one of John Martyn's producer studio, we talked for a while about the music we liked and stuff I mentioned Brian Eno, and he went into his archive for something unreleased he wanted me to listen... so he played me this recording of Anna, which was never released because one guy back in Australia wanted a big cut of the money for it because he recorded it... so it went into the archive, I asked the producer if I could get a copy to send to Karl to play on his bbc radio 1 show... and he said yes, I messaged Karl about the find then a few days later he played it.

I'm the one who also put it on the uw myspace page back then when I was managing it.

listen:
https://soundcloud.com/krinum/john-martyn-anna-live

info:
https://www.johnmartyn.info/song/anna
Old 05-20-2022, 01:01 AM
Bestbass42
river

Cheers for that mate!
Old 05-20-2022, 01:11 AM
Bestbass42
river

Thats brilliant info, cheers! So did Underworld actually record the track? If so can you post it on here?