Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

The sorest loser in history
So I just read an astonishing article about Hillary Clinton. Here are a couple quotes:

...behind the united front, says an adviser, "it's not a great relationship, and it's probably not going to become one." In private conversations, associates say, Clinton remains skeptical that Obama can win in the fall. That's a sentiment some other Democrats believe is not just a prediction but a wish, because it would prove her right about his weaknesses as a general-election candidate and possibly pave the way for her to run again in 2012. Clinton is also annoyed that Obama has yet to deliver on his end of an informal bargain, reached as part of their truce, that each would raise $500,000 for the other. "Hillary has done her part in that regard," says an adviser. "Obama has not."

...and...

Clinton's backers could demand one last show of respect before Obama claims the nomination in Denver. Clinton has been giving tacit encouragement to suggestions that her name be placed in nomination at the convention, a symbolic move that would be a reminder of the bruising primary battle. "No decisions have been made," Clinton said when asked in California—to whoops and applause—about that possibility.

...and from Bill...

He struggled to render a positive comment about Obama's qualifications for his old job. "You could argue that nobody is ever ready to be President," Clinton said. "You could argue that even if you've been Vice President for eight years, that no one can ever be fully ready for the pressures of the office." Pressed again, he responded with an endorsement that could hardly have been a weaker cup of tea: "I never said he wasn't qualified. The Constitution sets qualification for the President. And then the people decide who they think would be the better President. I think we have two choices. I think he should win, and I think he will win."

Don't Hillary and Bill realize that it's largely their own actions that are at the heart of what's compromising Obama's chances of winning in November? As was predicted, Republicans have actually used quotes from the Clintons in their arguments against Obama, and they'll probably start using these recent events in an effort to divide the Democratic Party. Well done, Clintons.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

Re: The sorest loser in history
yeah its incredible. you know that, if obama loses, a lot of her supporters will emote smug Itoldyouso-ness before they ever admit that they were an effective force at bring about the very outcome they pretend to hate unto death, that being mccain in the white house.

SO it will go down in history that the people were duped, and the stronger, innocent candidate was victimized, at the expense of us all.

its like if I say I'll put a bear trap in your bed unless you give me a 100 bucks and later pine for a world where metal teeth are not lodged in people's asses.

edited to remove 6th grade grammar and spelling. back to computarz it has more lulz than english atm

- Mark Twain

Last edited by Strangelet; 08-06-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:32 PM
cured
sikk

I'm not surprised at all. Hillary is really hoping McCain pulls the victory out so she can run in 2012. There's been a lot of chatter this was going to be the case when Hillary was going to bow out of the race.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:32 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

i even hate it when people pull this "what if (alternate candidate) was elected instead." today because you cant prove any of it and it's probably untrue but you can scream as loud as you can and few will scream as loud as you otherwise. it's such a cheap ass move and if they're really angling for failure just to push their own carreer then any of that talk about having the best interests of the country at heart is right out the window, along with a lot of respect.

they havent just lost the plot, but also the script, the director, and anything else "in their way"

Last edited by dubman; 08-07-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:56 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman View Post
..."in their way"
You left out "or the high way". In every sense of the word. And I'm not referring to Hillary, hell, I'd offer her a puff(and I'd say INHALE and hold it in LONG) if it'd help with her frustration.

Last edited by jOHN rODRIGUEZ; 08-07-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Case in point regarding McCain using Hillary's words about Obama against him now in a new commercial:

But the real sting comes with the final guest speaker -- Clinton, shown making a biting remark about Obama at the bitter height of their primary battle for the Democratic nomination in March this year.

"I know Senator McCain has a lifetime of experience he will bring to the White House. And Senator Obama has a speech he gave in 2002," she says in the ad, referring to Obama's stand against the Iraq war.

And more from the article:

Writing in the Huffington Post just after Clinton's "lifetime of experience" remark, former Democratic presidential contender Gary Hart said there were unwritten rules in politics.

"One of those rules is this: Do not provide ammunition to the opposition party that can be used to destroy your party's nominee. This is a hyper-truth where the presidential contest is concerned," he wrote.

McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds confirmed it was the campaign's first use of a Clinton attack line from the primaries, and promised more to come.

"We don't go into our media strategy but it's not unlikely that she will figure in further ads," he told AFP.

Thanks, Hill.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:17 PM
IsiliRunite
de la Michigan

Send a message via AIM to IsiliRunite
I find it funny that Clinton mentioned the constitution during his "endorsement" of Obama... It looks like he's finally starting to do the background reading he forgot to do before he became President!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:49 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsiliRunite View Post
It looks like he's finally starting to do the background reading he forgot to do before he became President!
Please elaborate. Interested minds want to know more.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

And even more!

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5553013&page=1

Sen. Hillary Clinton would be the Democratic presidential nominee if John Edwards had been caught in his lie about an extramarital affair and forced out of the race last year, insists a top Clinton campaign aide, making a charge that could exacerbate previously existing tensions between the camps of Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama.

"I believe we would have won Iowa, and Clinton today would therefore have been the nominee," former Clinton Communications Director Howard Wolfson told ABCNews.com.

Is this guy for real? And why stop here? What other "if"s could we explore? Maybe, "if Howard Wolfson had a plan for campaigning after Super Tuesday, then Hillary Clinton would be the nominee today." Or, "if Hillary hadn't built her campaign around a central theme of 'experience' that was based largely on lies, then she'd be the nominee today." Or, "if Hillary and Bill hadn't alienated the overwhelming majority of African-American voters, she'd be the nominee today."

A lot of "if"s, Howard. But what's important is that she didn't win, and it's time to accept that fact. Get the hell over it.

Unbelievable.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:56 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
And Get the hell over it.

Unbelievable.

Practice what you preach.