Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2010, 01:00 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Inception
Quote:
Originally Posted by bas_I_am View Post
I am currently an hour and 15 min into this...

One of the stupidest fucking movies ever written.
That doesn't even make sense. You certainly are entitled to not like it, but for what it is, it's pretty solid and well crafted.

Also, I can only assume yer watching it on download.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:10 PM
bas_I_am
vision

1:45 - and just when you thought it couldn't be even more ridiculous.....
Old 08-04-2010, 01:43 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Grumpy Old Man. The old part just hasn't caught up to the rest of it. Yet.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:42 PM
bas_I_am
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
That doesn't even make sense. You certainly are entitled to not like it, but for what it is, it's pretty solid and well crafted.

Also, I can only assume yer watching it on download.
Well crafted???

Ok the cgi/fx good...

Acting, script, plot.... total crap.

No, I didn't watch it on download. Paid 11bux for IMAX.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:02 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

I actually quite liked it...

the only problem I had with it was the casting of... (oh- what's her name, "Juno" chick - Ellen Paige, right? - but anyways, I digress)

It just didn't make much sense that a girl who had never done the process (of going into others' subconscious) or even who was - you know... an adult that had been married could give such insight / familiarity with the whole deal.

by "the whole deal" - I mean the intricacies/ complexities of long-term relationships (or marriage)

know what I mean?
Old 08-06-2010, 03:46 PM
bas_I_am
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
I actually quite liked it...

the only problem I had with it was the casting of... (oh- what's her name, "Juno" chick - Ellen Paige, right? - but anyways, I digress)

It just didn't make much sense that a girl who had never done the process (of going into others' subconscious) or even who was - you know... an adult that had been married could give such insight / familiarity with the whole deal.

by "the whole deal" - I mean the intricacies/ complexities of long-term relationships (or marriage)

know what I mean?
Yes, I know exactly what you mean.

In talking with my daughter after the viewing, we determined that the casting is what brought it down. Ellen page, gordon-levitt, the druggist (playing the same role he played in "drag me to hell") were all completely wrong for the movie.

At the same time, many things considered "homages," to me, came off as derivative and contrived.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:05 PM
chems1919
mouseman

Bad casting? Are you guys serious? I can understand where you're coming from with Ellen Page, even though she was better than I thought she would be. Leonardo Dicaprio and Cillain Murphy were downright incredible. I could go on and on about how I loved the movie, but I will keep quiet...
Old 08-10-2010, 04:14 AM
rayray
pants

it was an interesting concept but somehow not as griping as it could have been - I felt like I got my 10 bucks worth of entertainment, so not complaining. they gave away the hidden conceit of the movie to easily and too quickly though imo.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:53 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chems1919 View Post
Bad casting? Are you guys serious? I can understand where you're coming from with Ellen Page, even though she was better than I thought she would be. Leonardo Dicaprio and Cillain Murphy were downright incredible. I could go on and on about how I loved the movie, but I will keep quiet...

well - the only problem I had was pretty much specifically with her.

I thought Leonardo Dicaprio was great, and so was Joseph Gordon-Levitt ("that guy from '3rd Rock from the Sun'"
Old 12-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Future Proof
Richard Simmons

One month left to go and 2010 is in the bag.

What movie was better than Inception this year? If there is one I'd like to see it, for sure. I get the complaints of Ellen Page but when I consider the whole package -- the script, the acting (other than her), the effects, the soundtrack (and god is it good, very lush), I think this movie's going to make a run for best movie of the year, and certainly get Christopher Nolan an Academy Award for best director. The thing that I like about Christopher Nolan is that his camera work is very elegant and precise. He's sort of an anti-Michael Mann, but they both have the same knack of capturing exactly the right angle for the scene.

I was just wondering because I just recently acquired this on Blu-Ray and after watching it again, and after revisiting this thread I'm strongly wondering what could have been a better movie this year.