Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:56 AM
jose m
pants

Re: 2010-07-24 Wave Love Festival - Livorno, Italy
i think the set is gonna be the set for awhile.
with new tunes to bed in and festivals to play i think they're playing to the general crowd not us and looking to deliver a high impact show.
it really worked at the roundhouse and some of my mates said it was much better than "the techno noodle" they've suffered in the past ! haha
gotta remember there's only a handful of people in the audience that know what the set is gonna be even if we all do and the band need to win them over far more than keep us happy with a version of "deep arch".
one thing you can safely say about underworld tho is it won't stay this way forever.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:00 AM
bazwint
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
I have no idea what is going on. The only thing I can fathom is that the new songs' rigid song structure is stifling any creativity in the sets or song order.
Good call. Yeah, I'm sure things will change once they tour some Underworld shows. Can't wait for Paris, by the way.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:42 AM
jose m
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazwint View Post
Good call. Yeah, I'm sure things will change once they tour some Underworld shows. Can't wait for Paris, by the way.

me too.
a romantic weekend with the girlfriend and an underworld gig.
she's giving it a miss and having a day in the spa which suits me down to the ground !
Old 07-27-2010, 05:45 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
Doesn't seem like they're giving Price any time during the most recent sets which is a real shame. His interludes were fantastic and kept the groove pushing forward.
I agree. Priceys stuff was very groovy. I'd like to see him release another album finally too!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:15 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

I would kill to see the current set. 6 tracks i've never seen live before. Hope they tour the West Coast and MORE THAN JUST SF. Remember 99? Seattle show was a sell-out. Please come to the PNW.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Sure that they are still working on getting the songs right in a live setting before improving with them. A few times in London it did seem that Karl and Rick missed each others queues for singing/beats to come in.

I wouldn't panic.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Vancouver
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
Hope they tour the West Coast and MORE THAN JUST SF. Remember 99? Seattle show was a sell-out. Please come to the PNW.
SECONDED.

Vancouver and Seattle would be perfect...but if it's only Seattle I'd head down for that.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Andrea
light at heart

Well, I´m back in Sweden after a very hot and intensive trip with my friend and his younger son.
God, I think this is the hottest summer ever! With the exception of those 3 raindrops I saw in Florence I almost forgot how rain smells.
I haven´t planned to go to Livorno but I had to visit my father in Hungary who suddenly fell ill so I thought why not take the opportunity and see Underworld in Italy.

During the concert I had an excellent view at the front until the guys with the torches forced me to step aside to be ready to leave the stadium as soon as possible in case the party would go out of hand (there were stronger drugs than RedBull) but I think I have recordings of every track.

I met some nice guys from Radio Echo (a radio for students) who followed the festival for a review. They knew probably more about electronic music than I can dream of but told me that Italians are not much for electronic music in general. It's a pity that we lost contact after the torches came in during King Of Snake. I really would have liked to talk to them more.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=106026483

Karl was dancing and jumping more than ever (I couldn´t see a trace of food poisoning at that time ) and even Rick was dancing and singing more than usual behind the equipment. Darren Price was more "invisible" on the other hand and I really missed the mixes and passages between the songs.
Where are you Mr.D???

My company helped me with the recordings so I could enjoy the concert so here comes my precious but unfortunately short flashback from Livorno.
The videos a bit distorted and not the best quality but I hope you enjoy it.

If there was an intro than I would call it Oblivion With Bells
+ Downpipe (the "here we go 1, 2, 3, 4" made me nearly die of laughting)
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=106026814

Always Loved A Film
Dark Train
Two Months Off
Scribble
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=106027148

Bird 1
Rez/Cowgirl
Between Stars
Diamond Jigsaw (between the last two sequences Karl played guitar but I missed to record it, I was too busy listening)
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=106027238

King Of Snake + Born Slippy with fireworks
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=106027363
Old 07-28-2010, 07:48 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Thanks for the report and videos, Andrea. Hope you had a good time!

The intro song at the beginning is "Simple Peal".
Old 07-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Mike
born013

Updated here, thanks http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/view/398

Ive recently made Scribble a sepearate entry to You Do Scribble, because there is a distinct difference, one of the rare times that we actually know the difference between the old and new.

Last edited by Mike; 07-28-2010 at 08:45 PM.