Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:02 AM
ndrwrld
blue

a letter to Rick and Karl
hello, from Canada.
i did hear of UW when that doot doot song was played here...probably a year after you released it.
i grew up on genesis, floyd, rush, bands that were precise, spot on, , so passionate of their craft, that it bled into you...as a wee boy, my uncles schooled me with the good stuff.
i started djing at age 19, at a place called Sanctuary Vampire Sex Bar...it was goth and industrial...some crazy times.
the first song i played of yours, was Cowgirl...and the place went mental.
im 36 now.
i tried to see you at the Roundhouse on October 19th...sadly you had to cancel the gig as Rick fell ill.
shitty...i was in the air, flying across the ocean, to land at Gatwick that very friday morning, with my girlfriend.
we landed, settled in our rambunctious hostel, and decided to venture into London for our very first times. ever.
we were in awe of your country and its beauty. and we also realized we were fuckin tourists, who abided by the complete opposite rules of the road...i almost got killed ( thank you sandra ).
we decided to go to the Enterprise, where other Dirts were meeting before the event, so we proceded there..
we were exiting Chalk Farm, and there was a white board, with ' concert at roundhouse is cancelled ' or something like that.
i kinda expected to be ' punked ' ...like, this was a joke.
we walked to the Roundhouse, and after talking to the pretty girl behind the counter, we realized it was true.
i immediatly walked outside, and sat on the stone outside, as Sandra tried to make sense of it all.
we went back to the Enterprise. we still didnt recognize anyone...no UW shirts or anything among the folk there...i slammed a pint of Strongbow down, and my girlfriend Sandra tells me " it's okay, you can let it out ".
i wept. we wept. the girl behind the bar knew i was clearly out of my mind...i told her my feeble story, and she took care of my drinks.
now, what the fak do we do ?
all in all, it wasnt a complete waste...
we did get into Fabric ( 8th birthday celebreation )...got to actually speak to Krafty Kuts, and hear Adam Freeland...shame i didnt know at the time, that Ali B was in another room...us DIRTS mangeled our way thru ( thanks to Jaynee).
i got lost inside Fabric.
i couldnt find my girlfriend, Jaynee, or any other of the Dirts.
chaos was close, but after a bit i found them all.
yes !
now, everyones leaving...bahhhhhhhh.
-------
saturday.
i knew Atomic Hooligan was spinning at Herbal, so we went.
well, Lady Waks, Rico Tubbs, and AH tore this club called Herbal a new one.
but Sandra and i were still very broken from last night...could barely move.
stunned.
-------
sunday, we flew back home.
sadly Sandra had to be back in the air, work related , in the morning,...blah blah blah...

it sucks, that North America hasnt dropped to their knees apon word that an Underworld tour has commenced.
we decided to not see you in New York, because we were seeing you in the UK.
i think the amount of time we spent in the air, to see you in England, was far far greater than the amount of time i slept, for the 3 days i was in your glorious country.
needless to say, i slept an entire day when i got back home.
i know North America doesnt show you the love you get on the other side of the pond as far as sales, and i know it costs more to tour here , but you still have fans that spend their hard earned Deniros' to fly to the other side of the globe to see you weave your web of aural magic.
you have such a strong presence here, even from your last tour here.
your footprint in electronic music is epic, globally.
i know by now, Ricks voice is back in fine form ( wtf, you let him sing ? ), glad you are all healed up.
cant see you at Ultra, sorry, cant afford it.
can you afford to come to Toronto ?
Montreal ?

you are the reigning kings of electronica as far as i am concerned.
see you soon.
C & S.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:44 PM
ndrwrld
blue

Re: a letter to Rick and Karl
all things good to those who wait...
hope to see you at the Montreal show too !
( add New York and we can make it the trifectah ! )

Old 05-23-2009, 07:33 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: a letter to Rick and Karl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrwrld View Post
all things good to those who wait...
hope to see you at the Montreal show too !
( add New York and we can make it the trifectah ! )
oh man, i read that as "and New York" and rushed to the Events page on UWlive.